• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Requested to leave and GDPR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt that they have anything written down about that meeting so there will be no records. Normally HR would only keep records on permies, and on permies it would only be the performance reviews the permies receive at the end of each year.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor911 View Post
      , when being requested to leave, they said they could give me no reason other than my contract was no longer needed. No gross misconducted had been reported.
      After analysing the above statement in detail I'd say your contract was no longer needed. That's all you need to know.

EDIT : 'contract was no longer needed' with no other supporting explanation generally means you were crap.

HTH
      Last edited by northernladuk; 8 April 2019, 14:57.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor911 View Post
        Dear Fellow Contractors,

I have been contracting for a few years now and am still getting used to the policies applied to contractors.
        I was employed by a large bank to carry out a supportive role.
        My manager wasn't the most pleasant person to work with and often made my time there very difficult.
        After two months I was requested to attend a meeting with the in-house recruiters to be informed that my services are no longer required. No reason was given.

Is there something in GDPR which could help me find out what happened?

Thank you for your help
        1. You were krap at your job
        2. Your manager disliked you
        3. The requirements changed
        4. The role evaporated
        5. You smelled

It's one of those
        HTH

Comment

You were crap. Move on and stop talking like an employee FFS.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            You were crap. Move on and stop talking like an employee FFS.
            Damn we've missed you! Welcome back.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Missed me? Thanks.

You wetter.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Missed me? Thanks.

You wetter.
                I missed you too, I don't fancy wetting you though!
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                X