• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car hire with old paper license

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    As long as the address details printed on the license are still correct, then it’s still valid.
    such licences dont expire until your 70th birthday

I quite like mine

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      such licences dont expire until your 70th birthday

I quite like mine
      Me too.

Though I'll have to change mine soon.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not a problem, have hired various vehicles without requiring any other ID. (The license is looking the worse for wear after 35 years though).

Comment

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
          Not a problem, have hired various vehicles without requiring any other ID. (The license is looking the worse for wear after 35 years though).
          yea the only real problem is music festivals in the USA where they ask to see your licence when you buy beer tokens (they literally sell beer tokens because the shed that sells the tokens needs an armed guard, and you then take the tokens to the beer tent in the usual manner). can be quite funny when they realise your licence has no photo, so you can get allsorts of reactions.

no problem to hire a car with it there though.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
            yea the only real problem is music festivals in the USA where they ask to see your licence when you buy beer tokens (they literally sell beer tokens because the shed that sells the tokens needs an armed guard, and you then take the tokens to the beer tent in the usual manner). can be quite funny when they realise your licence has no photo, so you can get allsorts of reactions.

no problem to hire a car with it there though.
            The old beer token scam. Sell loads, people dont use them, then on the last day have ONE person doing refunds and a massive queue. Loads of people think sod it not bothering.

They've done well to sell plastic tokens for a fiver to thousands of people.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

A passport is only a valid for m of id if it is blue and does not have the words "EU" on the front.

I know that is true as a red-faced old giffer told me so in the pub last night.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                The old beer token scam. Sell loads, people dont use them, then on the last day have ONE person doing refunds and a massive queue. Loads of people think sod it not bothering.

They've done well to sell plastic tokens for a fiver to thousands of people.
                yes partly that I am sure, but also trying to protect the cash in a beer tent when half the audience are legally carrying hand guns is impossible, so they keep the money handling to a secure caravan with appropriate guards and the beer tents can be a whole lot less risky for everyone.

Comment

Unless you are carrying a token?

Comment

Working...
                  X