• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Use of the word GAmmon is a racist slur

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    That makes it even more offensive, because it is stereotyping white people with a disability, which is that by involuntarily going red in the face when angry they are disadvantaged by being unable to conceal their anger!
    Is the little snowflake getting a bit upset? Diddums Maybe MTFU and you'll feel a bit better
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      That makes it even more offensive, because it is stereotyping white people with a disability, which is that by involuntarily going red in the face when angry they are disadvantaged by being unable to conceal their anger!
      This is a joke, right??
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        This is a joke, right??
        I think it was intended that way. It certainly made me chuckle.

If you drink a bottle of whiskey, and then say "Racist", you get a racist slur.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          So, it obviously isn't, since you say that it is intended only to apply to people based on their political leanings.

Not all white skinned people go red when they get upset.
          Donald Trump is a right wing xenophobic racist, but he's not a gammon as he stays orange.
          Likewise Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, he stays white.
          There's plenty of white supremacists in the world who don't go red when their snowflakery is upset, and they demonstrate zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't fully agree with them.
          He might not be a gammon, but he certainly has hammish tendencies...

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Pertinent advice from the Mash.

How to comment on Mail Online
            9th April 2019

ARE you unsure how to jump into commenting in the bearpit of vicious invective that is the Daily Mail’s website? Here’s how:

Coherence is for lefties

Instead of taking the extra seconds to make your point clear, take a scattershot approach bringing in Corbyn, Churchill, Kourtney Kardashian, what your mate told you about wind turbines and CBeebies liberal bias.

Hate everything

Mail Online comments are basically an online therapy session for life’s losers, so vent your bitterness against everything. If a cute kitten has been given a prosthetic leg, ask why the limb wasn’t given to a British soldier maimed in ‘one of Tony B Liar’s wars’.

Keep your views just to the right of Hitler

Don’t just be a suburban fascist. Instead come at issues from a weird ultra-right perspective utterly divorced from reality, for example calling Tory chancellor Philip Hammond a ‘hard-left Fidel Castro communist’.

Make the old ‘Who?’ joke

Prove just how reactionary you are by pretending to be ignorant of globally famous figures such as Taylor Swift by commenting ‘Who?’ like a High Court judge in the 1960s. Extra points if you only do it to women.

Bring your personal bugbear into everything

Against the EU? Well, that’s germane to Brexit, Harry and Meghan, Easter eggs, Holly Willoughby’s diet news, a viral cip of a lizard in a bowling alley and a scare scory about building society interest rates. Get it on.

Stupidly-punctuated racism

If you’re slagging Muslims – it’s always Muslims – use punctuation to confuse software filtering out racism, eg ‘M.u.S – li .ms’. Much as Germans in the 1930s would write to Der Sturmer about ‘d-i.e J_u_den’.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              This is a joke, right??
              Yes of course. I don't give a stuff who calls who a gammon or snowflake, or anything else for that matter.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X