• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ULEZ only rich people can drive in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ULEZ only rich people can drive in London

So Mr Khan is delighted to be charging an extra £12.50 per day to drive in London with the new ULEZ. Fail to pay and its a £160 fine, but better than lorries who have to pay £100 per day and if they fail to do so a £1000 fine So not only can people not afford to live in London they also can't afford to drive in London and I guess taxi fares and so forth are all going up because of this. Will ULEZ see the death of the town centre or is this a ploy to make overpriced electric vehicles look affordable?

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    So Mr Khan is delighted to be charging an extra £12.50 per day to drive in London with the new ULEZ. Fail to pay and its a £160 fine, but better than lorries who have to pay £100 per day and if they fail to do so a £1000 fine So not only can people not afford to live in London they also can't afford to drive in London and I guess taxi fares and so forth are all going up because of this. Will ULEZ see the death of the town centre or is this a ploy to make overpriced electric vehicles look affordable?
    It's Central London. You have to be crazy to want to drive in central London.
    Properly poor people don't have cars and don't drive them into Central London.
    The Oct 2020 expansion is a missed opportunity, should be coming in asap.

Comment

Assuming you're driving a moderately up-to-date car, you don't have to pay the new charge. My 2001 Toyota Corolla 1.6 won't be charged. My 1989 Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia, sadly, will; but I don't usually take that to London anyway.

Comment

My 5.5L Merc is fine

Comment

How much is it to drive a red double decker bus through the ULEX?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            How much is it to drive a red double decker bus through the ULEX?
            Who are you, Cliff Richard?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
              Who are you, Cliff Richard?
              Just call me vivian

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                Just call me vivian

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                Pervert. You young ones are all the same.

Comment

If you think that's bad, you should see the road fund licence on a new car - it's an extra £350 if your car retails at more than £40k. Sadiq Khan has so much influence, he even got the Tories to bring that one in country-wide.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    If you think that's bad, you should see the road fund licence on a new car - it's an extra £350 if your car retails at more than £40k. Sadiq Khan has so much influence, he even got the Tories to bring that one in country-wide.
                    Serves all you insecure small dicks right.
                    nobody Needs a flash car

Comment

Working...
                    X