• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting experience from various workplaces!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    ah, - another pencilneck with delusions of threat capabilty

welcome, - head to the B****t subthread for maximum CUK experience.
    There you go then .

Comment

Originally posted by Scorp1 View Post
      Hi, I'm new here and have introduced myself in the welcome section.

First post here - and as per the topic title. What have you learnt mostly from contracting as opposed to being permanent, aside from the rates of pay. Best thing I did and have no regrets contracting. Worked in some very interesting work environments aswell and some one or two do completely different I can say. Anyone's experiences / stories ?
      Do you have any stories ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Do you have any stories ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
        Not a great deal. However I work in a different industy to you. I've enjoyed contracting though.

Comment

I’ve learnt from contracting that making more money definitely helps contribute to happiness and health.

Comment

I have learned, that no matter how poor the client is I can always take a dump and get paid well for it. To never take the sports car to client site. And finally being employee of the year for 70 months running is awesome.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

I've learnt that clients like contractors as they make the ultimate permie.

They don't need to pretend to care about us.
              They don't need to adhere to employment rights.
              They can get shut with no aggro, delay, or threat of tribunal.
              They get someone that can do the job from day one.
              They get someone that can do the job better than several of their permies put together.
              They can find contractors willing to work away from home easier than local permies worried about the daily commute distance.
              They don't pay that much more when all the tax, employee benefits and operational costs of permies are added up.
              They can restructure the organisation much easier if they have many contractors filling the permie roles, something new senior managers love doing to make their mark.

So clients should be getting rid of their permies and getting in more contractors instead.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                I have learned, that no matter how poor the client is I can always take a dump and get paid well for it. To never take the sports car to client site. And finally being employee of the year for 70 months running is awesome.
                I always take the sports car with me. I want the client to know who is the talent.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I always take the sports car with me. I want the client to know who is the talent.
                  Your technique requires a bit more finesse though....

Comment

It’s a great way to pay off your mortgage super quickly

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                      It’s a great way to pay off your mortgage super quickly
                      mortgage? - what's that?

Comment

Working...
                      X