• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fritz first?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    My sizing was from the 'official' immigration figures (280,000 last IIRC) and is Net.
    http://worldpopulationreview.com/wor...ld-population/
    Population of Sheffield is somewhere between 555,000 and 645,000

Population Of Sheffield 2018
    or 580,336

Either way, it's a lot more than 280k.

And the volume leaving the UK is around 345,000
    Migration Statistics Quarterly Report - Office for National Statistics
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

or 580,336

So it's about 200-300k net per year for the last 20 years, give or take a year.

Comment

or 580,336

you having a problem with the concept of net?

lets try and explain if NLyUK uses a 627 mm dildo and shoves it somewhere uncomfortable in you then removes 345mm of it how long until you can sit down?

Statistics-net-migration-statistics | Migration Watch UK

• The latest immigration statistics were released by the Office for National Statistics on 28 February 2019 (see full statistics and the ONS summary). They showed that, in the year ending September 2018, long-term estimated net migration to the UK was estimated to be 283,000. This figure is equivalent to the current population of the city of Bolton in Greater Manchester.
        so no its just Bolton, which considering EU migration isn't as significant as it used to be is quite impressive.

previous years of 332,000 equate to Wirral this year its more like Newcastle. Still pretty significant.

http://www.citymayors.com/gratis/uk_topcities.html
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          The question is, why does vetran feel the need to post an article from the NYT from March 2018 about food banks in Germany?

because its interesting as you & others have denied Germany had no issue with immigration encouraged by Frau Merkel.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            you having a problem with the concept of net?

lets try and explain if NLyUK uses a 627 mm dildo and shoves it somewhere uncomfortable in you then removes 345mm of it how long until you can sit down?

Statistics-net-migration-statistics | Migration Watch UK
            I have no problem with the concept of net. But if the population of a city is twice the net migration figure, then I do have a problem with:
            2x = x

I realise you don't like facts, and are happy to change things around "You're wrong, you don't understand, and anyway it's Bolton not Sheffield"
            But the fact is, it's not a population the size of Sheffield. It's about half the size of Sheffield.
            ...and unlike many Brexit voters, most of these people are paying taxes in the UK, not living off pensions/allowances and being a drain on resources.

Comment

2018 was the lowest Net figure for many years. I suspect that for the first 20 years or so (not just EU migration) there was an unnoticeable impact in London. Now there is a noticeable break down of infrastructure there and elsewhere it's an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                Now there is a noticeable break down of infrastructure there and elsewhere it's an issue.
                Specifically what noticeable breakdown?

Comment

NHS, Education and Policing to name the current ones asking for more cash (not that they don't anyway, but now they are using the 'shocking' stats to prove they need it ).

Comment

SNIP
                    I realise you don't like facts,
                    SNIP
                    ...and unlike many Brexit voters, most of these people are paying taxes in the UK, not living off pensions/allowances and being a drain on resources.
                    *Citation required, for your 'fact'

BTW...Pensioners can pay taxes and not be a drain on resources.

HTH
                    Originally posted by Old Greg
                    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

If, like me, you have been lining Politicians and Civil Servants pockets for over 30 years you might resent being told that you don't pay any tax when you retire.

And anyway, using the NHS IS a drain on resources. As is Education, and just about every other service provided by your local council.

Comment

Working...
                      X