• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pimlico Pied-à-terre

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimlico Pied-à-terre

If you could you yah? Asking for a friend like...

I like this one:

3 bedroom terraced house for sale in Tachbrook Street, Pimlico, London, SW1V, SW1V
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

I like this one:

3 bedroom terraced house for sale in Tachbrook Street, Pimlico, London, SW1V, SW1V
    You downgrading?

Wouldn't you prefer this? New home, 3 bed flat for sale in One Blackfriars, Southbank SE1 - Zoopla

We're selling our house at the moment. 3300 sqr ft plus 2 acre garden ..... maybe we should be asking £14m too
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

na, I prefer street level.

Quite fancy the idea of keeping a pied-à-terre London besides having our main residence here in Munich.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I like this one:

Yes. I walk past it couple of days a week.
        Not a bad area. Some rough bits but it's London.
        Just outside the congestion charge zone and ULEZ.
        Fairly quiet at night. But pollution must be bad as Vauxhall Bridge Road is close by.
        Reasonable choice of pubs and a few restaurants nearby.
        Buses on Vauxhall Bridge Road to Waterloo.
        15 mins walk to St James tube.
        15 mins walk to Victoria Street and loads of eateries.
        Handy for Pimlico or Victoria tube and Victoria coach station.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
        Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Short walk from the Regency Café! Excellent location

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Short walk from the Regency Café! Excellent location

Isn't that where Alan Sugar sends the losing team?

Comment

Originally posted by darrylmg View Post
              Just outside the congestion charge zone and ULEZ.
              Fairly quiet at night. But pollution must be bad as Vauxhall Bridge Road is close by.

Hope in the years ahead that'll change. Have got used to the fresh air up here in the alps. Returning to Auld Reekie on occasion causes my nose to twitch where it once did not before.

Comment

Hope in the years ahead that'll change. Have got used to the fresh air up here in the alps. Returning to Auld Reekie on occasion causes my nose to twitch where it once did not before.
                There must be something going on in the U.K., there’s no money left for critical repairs to Hammersmith Bridge.

Between this and ULEZ, give it a couple of years and London will be completely pedestrianised.

Hammersmith Bridge 'closed indefinitely' after faults found - BBC News

Comment

Isn't that where Alan Sugar sends the losing team?
                  If that's the case, I'd lose on purpose - breakfast there is better than any other possible reward

Comment

I like this one:

I used to live in Pimlico a while ago. Excellent central location and it is very much a mix of rich and poor (similar to Kensington & Chelsea). Dolphin Square is full of MPs & Civil Servants and right next to it is Churchill Gardens which is one of the largest council estates in London.

As one of the other posters mentioned Tachbrook Street is near Vauxhall Bridge Road so it is quite noisy & polluted and there is a street market on it at least once a week so you will have an Eastenders scene outside your front door
                    Last edited by redgiant; 13 April 2019, 17:26.

Comment

Working...
                    X