• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Bells

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Hope he's ok...
    Who is that? I can't quite place them. Though their face rings a bell.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      @darmstadt

Please just go away you disgusting individual, you are simply the mirror image of the very people you so complain about. Go and sit somewhere in a dark room and contemplate on why you so very much need a something wholesome to fill that void within your empty soul.
      You too as we know that you agree with them which is why you are so annoyed in being outed....
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        Surely the (Catholic?) Church had it insured?

!
        Not covered for acts of god

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Not covered for acts of god

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Acts of God no longer exist in any insurance policy only natural disasters. So was it a natural disaster or as being reported by the French Fire Services a result of the ongoing restoration work. Restoration is not a natural disaster.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Trump suggests water bombing...
            Someone told him Water Boarding was really effective and he got confused.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Hope he's ok...
              apparently it is claimed that the cage that Lon Chaney wore in his role as the Hunchback of Notre Dame left him with a weakness which hastened his premature death.

Comment

Apparently the stained glass was one of the first to go. If they were doing the resto correctly they wouldn't be using modern materials/tools?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                  "The Bells", on this occasion, being the sound of the fire alarm..
                  A few other crap jokes from my favourite jokes website on the subject:

You know when you see something on telly that makes you crave a particular food?.
                  Cathedral city on toast. Mmm.

Attempts to save Notre Dame look bleak, as the fire fighters have surrendered

Here's the church here's the stee- oh

A massive blaze erupted at the historic Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris today, sending the monument’s spire toppling to the ground.
                  The cause of the fire was not clear but officials say it could be related to a €7m renovation project that was underway.
                  Nobody's sure how insurance companies will resolve any financial claims, as all contracts appear to be Quasi legal.

Quasi , when you said you were getting together with an old flame, thought you meant Esmeralda ...

Dear American Newsreaders, Before you start, it's pronounced "not-tra-dam" Cathedral. Ok?

Who let Fred Dibnah into Paris?

Me mates just said " I bet Quasimoda has got the hump over the Notre-Dame cathedral fire". I said "you can't say that, it's not PC. You should have said "it's got his back up"

Ethmerelda, Can you thmell smoke?

I see Notre Dame is on fire.
                  I have a hunch I know who did it.

Those French fire engines are amazing. They have got 8 gears. 1 forward and 7 reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    A few other crap jokes from my favourite jokes website on the subject:
                    Don't give up the day job...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Should probably be in 'Twat of the year' thread:
                      These people are evil. A full blown facist era sneaks up on you when no one is looking. Fascism does not come up rolling up in a tank, it starts with 'price' and a 'lusting' for the good ole days by idiots list this, before you know it, it's too late.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X