[Spoilers] Game Of Thrones -Season Eight [Spoilers] Game Of Thrones -Season Eight - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 104

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    If he ends up on the iron throne I'll eat my shorts
    Depends if GRRM gave them an ending they're sticking to or if they have gone their own way so more likely a fan friendly end of Jon and Dany sharing the throne.

I've only found out today, while reading up on reddit about other's views on episode 3, that there isn't even a Night King in GRRM's books.

So likely the story will be vastly different if he ever gets round to finishing it before he croaks.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Depends if GRRM gave them an ending they're sticking to or if they have gone their own way so more likely a fan friendly end of Jon and Dany sharing the throne.

I've only found out today, while reading up on reddit about other's views on episode 3, that there isn't even a Night King in GRRM's books.

So likely the story will be vastly different if he ever gets round to finishing it before he croaks.
    So they're not even following the story line in the books? We'll get a Netflix ending for sure.
    Because feelings...

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

So they're not even following the story line in the books? We'll get a Netflix ending for sure.
    Not sure how closely, if at all, they're following the books. May be like The Walking Dead and the comics where the TV show uses the best bits then makes a mess of the rest to please the audience into keep watching. i.e. favourite characters spared on screen when they've been dead for ages in the book/comic. So bound to have an impact on the quality of the overall story.

At least if the books turn out to have a better ending then they'll remake the show or do some movies of it in future.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Am I the only one thinking how stupid an idea it is when fighting a far against an army of undead, to lock people for “safety” in a crypt full of dead people?
    You're not the only one, my son thought the same. Seems you were right!

Ducklike

I see the feminists have got their hooks into the story line - looks to be going the way of Star Wars, was just a matter of time I suppose.
    Not at all, I think you'll find that GRRM likes his hero(ines) female... it was quite obvious from reading the books that Dani, Arya, Sansa, Cersei, Caitlin Stark to name a few are his favourite characters.

Ducklike

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Episode 3:

Epic.
    ha ha ha, that's a very good summary!!

I'm going to watch it again, in the dark. Too much glare on the telly screen this morning, hard to see what was going on some of the time.

TykeLike

SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    Am I the only one thinking how stupid an idea it is when fighting a far against an army of undead, to lock people for “safety” in a crypt full of dead people?
    Called it!

I’m a bit unsatisfied by the episode to be fair, visually stunning but story wise it was a bit to clean and tidy
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

TykeLike

GRRM hasn’t finished writing the books, they deviated from the books story lines a few seasons ago
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

TykeLike

Default [Spoilers] Game Of Thrones -Season Eight

― Marcus Aurelius

Super poster

Halo Jones is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Ahh but those in the crypt are dead-dead, the ones on the battle field are the not dead-dead
    I take that back..
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional