• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

@hotmail, @gmail or @fiischcontracting .com?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@hotmail, @gmail or @fiischcontracting .com?

I am currently looking for a new gig, and have started tarting up my Linked In, signed up for Premium and polished the CV. The final straw was receiving an employee number and access to the HR system...

My current email address for job applicatins is name at Googlemail.com , which felt fine when applying for permie rolls, however now I'm wondering if paying for my own domain is a worthwhile investment...

Do you lot use your own domain or a generic domain? Or would [email protected] get better results?

Makes no difference as long as it is generally a presentable address and it resolves to your name. You are dealing with agencies which don't give a stuff about anything but their bottom line.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

[email protected] is absolutely fine. sexykitten69 probably not (depends what type of gig you're going for)

I know someonwe who uses yahoo and/or hotmail email addresses which I wouldn't really recommend as many email systems block those.

I would recommend you have a separate email address for agency spam so you can keep it separate from useful emails.

Comment

What is a permie roll? A new Gregg's invention?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I use my company domain for emails concerning contract work. It's pretty cheap and easy to do, I would expect this for a contract developer.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            [email protected] is absolutely fine. sexykitten69 probably not (depends what type of gig you're going for)

I know someonwe who uses yahoo and/or hotmail email addresses which I wouldn't really recommend as many email systems block those.

I would recommend you have a separate email address for agency spam so you can keep it separate from useful emails.
            If that's you, you still owe me a 15 min session with a potato masher. I'll ignore the fact that you missold me that particular service, but a contract is a contract...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              If that's you, you still owe me a 15 min session with a potato masher. I'll ignore the fact that you missold me that particular service, but a contract is a contract...
              Not me, guv. Have you mixed me up with NLUK

Comment

Christ, there's missold and there's seriously missold...
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

NLUK or NLyUK? I always thought NLUK was such a clean living lad.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    NLUK or NLyUK? I always thought NLUK was such a clean living lad.
                    Fat fingered typo on my mobile!

Comment

Working...
                    X