EPC Certificates EPC Certificates - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 17 of 17

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Just got one of these done & I'm in zone E.

Negative influencers, according to the guy who came out were no loft insulation and no cavity wall insulation.

This is a house with 2 foot thick rubble walls and a thatched roof. Cant get better insulation than that

Can only hope prospective purchasers don't pay any attention to them because they're clearly totally inaccurate unless you live in a modern Baratt style home.
    Is it listed? If it is, you're stuck with what you have, and nobody looks at the EPC ratings anyway.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Fingers like lightning

FrontEnder is NOT a disguised employee

Certainly seems to work well the other way though.

It can be 90 degrees outside & coming inside is like stepping into a nice cool cave. No need for air con here.
    read the article, it explains this
    Last edited by FrontEnder; 16th April 2019 at 13:51.

Super poster

DoctorStrangelove is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by FrontEnder View Post
    Is that supposed to be an issult?

reed the article, it explains this
    Stop confusing us with the facts, Specifically in General.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Banned

Big Blue Plymouth is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Halo Jones View Post
    TBH People looking at that grossglocknerQUOTE=FrontEnder;2640419]reed the article, it explains this
    I got to

But make sure you put the insulation on the outside and not the inside; otherwise you lose the effect of mass that will keep you cool in the summer. More on that later.
    Then the article ended...
    Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 16th April 2019 at 12:52.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

This is a house with 2 foot thick rubble walls and a thatched roof. Cant get better insulation than that .

Physics 101 was wasted on you. Rubble / stone no matter how thick is a terrible insulator while being an excellent conductor.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

You most certainly can. The thermal transfer properties of building materials is a known quantity and probably used in the EPC calculations. Your 2 feet of rock is pretty tulip at retaining heat.

"A typical 500mm thick stone wall, for example, has the equivalent insulating value of only 15mm of rockwool. In comparison, to pass building regs a new house in the UK needs the equivalent of 150-200mm of rockwool. The typical stone wall lets out about fourteen times as much heat as a wall in a new house. To meet UK building regs you’d have to make it seven meters thick."

the myth of stone walls as insulation | carbon limited

damn you are confusing them with facts again!, darn Zeity beat me, where is a war criminal when you need them?
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

I live in a traditional Cotswold cottage, about 400 years old and yes. It's a cave - stuffy in summer and freezing in winter.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be more comfortable to just sleep in the garden. Looks pretty though.