• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bacon causes Cancer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Sex doesn't cause cancer...but it can give you a nasty itch.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    Not true.

Oral, cervical and anal cancers can be caused by sex.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Indeed. Everything has risks and rewards. If you enjoy a BBQ of processed meats, sitting in the sun, smoking and drinking, it's something to think about to ruin the experience.
      Indeed

But is it a really a full happy and complete existence when you are solely occupied with making it as long and drawn out as possible?

I mean maybe I do the above and live till 80 and die with a scotch in my hand

or maybe I don't and I live to 90 and die in a pool of my own piss.

You have to balance the quality over quantity I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Not true.

Oral, cervical and anal cancers can be caused by sex.
        I bow to your greater knowledge on the subject, particularly with reference to anal cancers.

Comment

The increase in risk is from 40 in 10,000 to 48 in 10,000 according to the BBC report of the most recent study. So you're going from being 99.6% more likely to die of something else to 99.52% if you eat red and processed meat.

The report also says that a rasher of bacon is about 23g, and that "The Department of Health advises anyone eating more than 90g a day of red and processed meat should cut down to 70g." So three rashers a day, at 69g, is just under the DoH's recommended limit, and you can have KFC for tea

As usual, they don't really address the question of what we're supposed to eat instead. It's not as if you can expect people to eat vegetable matter and suchlike muck

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The increase in risk is from 40 in 10,000 to 48 in 10,000 according to the BBC report of the most recent study. So you're going from being 99.6% more likely to die of something else to 99.52% if you eat red and processed meat.

The report also says that a rasher of bacon is about 23g, and that "The Department of Health advises anyone eating more than 90g a day of red and processed meat should cut down to 70g." So three rashers a day, at 69g, is just under the DoH's recommended limit, and you can have KFC for tea

As usual, they don't really address the question of what we're supposed to eat instead. It's not as if you can expect people to eat vegetable matter and suchlike muck
            What is the downside to eating a vegan?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              What is the downside to eating a vegan?

All that roughage can make them a bit windy

which is no good if you are dining out at the y.

Comment

Did wonder why the Cancer Research woman this morning was not asked the only question worth asking of this report.
                For those that enjoy the finer things. I have recently discovered the toasted Ciabatta bacon and egg sandwich. Bacon sarnies will never be quite the same again.
                Last edited by NigelJK; 17 April 2019, 14:25. Reason: Misquote from phone

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  It's not as if you can expect people to eat vegetable matter and suchlike muck
                  If you do, then you will live a long life. Well if it is not long, it will feel like it.....

Bacon sandwich with ketchup

Brown sauce is devil's excrement.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Have 2. With extra bacon.
                    Just the one. But I did have extra bacon. However, I only eat bacon a few times a month, so you'll have to put up with me a little longer.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Just the one. But I did have extra bacon. However, I only eat bacon a few times a month, so you'll have to put up with me a little longer.
                      We will get you for much longer. If you had a snip 20 years ago, your children are grown up(assuming you have children).

Children are some of the most stressful things out there. Well at least mine are.

Stress is inherited. You get it from your children...

Comment

Working...
                      X