Long weekend Long weekend - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Long weekend

  1. #21

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Sitting in watching Countdown

    Someone you might know is on today.

    Channel 4, 2:10 - you be sure of it!
    I didn't know you could get nervous! I nearly turned off after first 2 rounds.

    That was an incredibly good opponent you beat - can't wait for Monday's episode.

  2. #22

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I didn't know you could get nervous! I nearly turned off after first 2 rounds.

    That was an incredibly good opponent you beat - can't wait for Monday's episode.
    Is it on on Monday, it being a bank holiday?
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

  3. #23

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper is always on top

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    26,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Is it on on Monday, it being a bank holiday?
    It is indeed.

  4. #24

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper is always on top

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    26,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I didn't know you could get nervous! I nearly turned off after first 2 rounds.

    That was an incredibly good opponent you beat - can't wait for Monday's episode.
    At that point I had visions of being the first contestant ever to have scored 0. But if that had been the case, I probably wouldn't have drawn attention to it!

  5. #25

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Is it on on Monday, it being a bank holiday?
    How dare you challenge what Nick Hewer says!

    He will report you to Lord Sugar/Sir Alan.....

  6. #26

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    At that point I had visions of being the first contestant ever to have scored 0. But if that had been the case, I probably wouldn't have drawn attention to it!
    Go MS Go!!!!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  7. #27

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,984

    Default

    Just got back in time to watch it. They missed "twangier", and "prideful".

    So, with erectable, you can now celebrate.

    Well done.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

  8. #28

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper is always on top

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    26,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just got back in time to watch it. They missed "twangier", and "prideful".

    So, with erectable, you can now celebrate.

    Well done.
    erectable somehow appropriate for a conundrum cock up!

    Did better on letters, worse on numbers playing at home today.

    crappy night sleep in most uncomfortable bed before tomorrow's filming (gets excuses in early!) - think I was running on paracetamol and caffeine.

  9. #29

    Super poster

    ladymuck is a fount of knowledge

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,407

    Default

    Have been in very sunny Glasgow since Weds evening.

    Friday general mooching about and went to the cinema to see Us (WTF?? Entertaining in parts, damn odd in others). Also made sure to record MS on Countdown and watch that when we got home.

    Saturday we (I) drove to Oban, past Castle Stalker, stopped for a bite to eat at Lochleven seafood restaurant, onto Fort William, quick look at Inverlochy Castle, down to Glencoe, then round the A82, with a quick stop at the Loch Tulla viewpoint, stopped in Callander for dinner then down the Trossachs trail - the A821 to Aberfoyle - (twisty turny roads in the dark, my fave!) back home. Was very knackered. Google says 233 miles driven.

    Sunday, gardening! Tip run. Flop on sofa with wine.

    Today, did two reports for work that took a total of half an hour and billed half a day. More gardening plus window washing. The Mr is now prepping for a BBQ as the fiery ball is still very evident.

  10. #30

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    erectable somehow appropriate for a conundrum cock up!

    Did better on letters, worse on numbers playing at home today.

    crappy night sleep in most uncomfortable bed before tomorrow's filming (gets excuses in early!) - think I was running on paracetamol and caffeine.
    Awesome performance today

    Looking forward to tomorrow.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •