• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Sitting in watching Countdown

Someone you might know is on today.

Channel 4, 2:10 - you be sure of it!
    I didn't know you could get nervous! I nearly turned off after first 2 rounds.

That was an incredibly good opponent you beat - can't wait for Monday's episode.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

That was an incredibly good opponent you beat - can't wait for Monday's episode.
      Is it on on Monday, it being a bank holiday?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It is indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

At that point I had visions of being the first contestant ever to have scored 0. But if that had been the case, I probably wouldn't have drawn attention to it!

Comment

How dare you challenge what Nick Hewer says!

He will report you to Lord Sugar/Sir Alan.....

Comment

At that point I had visions of being the first contestant ever to have scored 0. But if that had been the case, I probably wouldn't have drawn attention to it!
              Go MS Go!!!!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just got back in time to watch it. They missed "twangier", and "prideful".

So, with erectable, you can now celebrate.

Well done.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Just got back in time to watch it. They missed "twangier", and "prideful".

So, with erectable, you can now celebrate.

Well done.
                  erectable somehow appropriate for a conundrum cock up!

Did better on letters, worse on numbers playing at home today.

crappy night sleep in most uncomfortable bed before tomorrow's filming (gets excuses in early!) - think I was running on paracetamol and caffeine.

Comment

Have been in very sunny Glasgow since Weds evening.

Friday general mooching about and went to the cinema to see Us (WTF?? Entertaining in parts, damn odd in others). Also made sure to record MS on Countdown and watch that when we got home.

Saturday we (I) drove to Oban, past Castle Stalker, stopped for a bite to eat at Lochleven seafood restaurant, onto Fort William, quick look at Inverlochy Castle, down to Glencoe, then round the A82, with a quick stop at the Loch Tulla viewpoint, stopped in Callander for dinner then down the Trossachs trail - the A821 to Aberfoyle - (twisty turny roads in the dark, my fave!) back home. Was very knackered. Google says 233 miles driven.

Sunday, gardening! Tip run. Flop on sofa with wine.

Today, did two reports for work that took a total of half an hour and billed half a day. More gardening plus window washing. The Mr is now prepping for a BBQ as the fiery ball is still very evident.

Comment

erectable somehow appropriate for a conundrum cock up!

Did better on letters, worse on numbers playing at home today.

crappy night sleep in most uncomfortable bed before tomorrow's filming (gets excuses in early!) - think I was running on paracetamol and caffeine.
                      Awesome performance today

Looking forward to tomorrow.....

Comment

Working...
                      X