• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I felt unwelcome and returned to Poland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That graphic is very misleading. Had it been over the last 30-40 years it may have been more relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Talk is talk, action speaks volumes. It is easy to say the UK is a lot more tolerant when their participation in the migrant crisis is next to nothing. Especially since the UK hand in hand with the US destabilised Libya thereby creating the crisis in the first place.
      Well if you only look at 1 year in isolation - it can give a skewed view.......

Spain & France don't seem to be taking in an appropriate number of migrants do they?
      Especially given the relative landmasses...

Perhaps in 2015, other countries were actually taking their fair share to balance up the numbers from the past?

Third country resettlement - Wikipedia

2008 - 2014:
      Total
      13572 Sweden
      7964 Norway
      5638 United Kingdom
      5092 Finland
      3562 Netherlands
      3481 Germany
      3331 Denmark
      821 France
      569 Ireland
      388 Austria
      210 Belgium
      152 Switzerland
      110 Portugal
      80 Spain
      71 Czech Republic
      56 Luxembourg
      46 Iceland
      40 Romania
      6 Liechtenstein
      2 Hungary
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        We've moved.
        I know she texted me earlier, I recognise her tweets they always start with "I want you big boy"
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
          Interesting that they do not include Hungary, Slovakia or Czech in that poll

they couldn't get their racist views on the graph

The Top UN Human Rights Official Accurately Called Hungary's President a Racist. Drama Ensued | UN Dispatch
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
            That graphic is very misleading. Had it been over the last 30-40 years it may have been more relevant.
            Scoots doesn't DO "relevant".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
            X