• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I felt unwelcome and returned to Poland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt unwelcome and returned to Poland

A mini film worth watching. Very sad what life for some in England has become.

PachYa is a Polish singer who lived in the UK for 10 years, but she no longer felt welcome in the country after Brexit. So she moved back to Poland with her daughter Amelia.

Two years later she returns to Nottingham and thinks about what she has left behind.
    Brexit: I felt unwelcome and returned to Poland - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Had this person been Indian or African there would have been a nationwide outcry.
    It's not the only case. It seems the government and MPs have given a green light to be racist against Europeans.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I'm a liberal remoaner and this feels manufactured to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        racist against Europeans.
        Are Europeans a different race?

I think you mean xenophobic.

There have always been small-minded bigots, Brexit or no Brexit.

But, yes, we should cancel Brexit because one Polish person feels a bit unwelcome. Boo hoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          But, yes, we should cancel Brexit because one Polish person feels a bit unwelcome. Boo hoo.
          Don't give a £$%$ about the B word.

Just saddened by the change in thy neighbour. The case is certainly not isolated, know of 10+ similar situations, some of which are amongst my own fraternity. It would seem xenophobic is once again, fashionable.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            It would seem xenophobic is once again, fashionable.
            It has never been "fashionable" you breast-beating cretin.

And it is no different to the way a sizeable percentage of Scots treat many English visitors it saddens me to say.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Are Europeans a different race?

I think you mean xenophobic.

There have always been small-minded bigots, Brexit or no Brexit.

Caucasian race - Wikipedia
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                It has never been "fashionable" you breast-beating cretin.
                Fashion only refers to something that is popular, and it would seem since B-day, that is is once again returned with a surge. You can't deny it. No need to get humpty when your ilk is called out.

Comment

Her going on the BBC has absolutely nothing to do with promoting her pop career and her leaving Notthingham for Poland was nothing to do with leaving her partner whom she had a child with.

Hhhhhmmm

Comment

Let me get this right, she felt her that her neighbours were not so polite. They didnt say hello anymore. So she up sticks, took her child out of the country leaving the father behind.

Is she an imbecile or is she just trying to promote her singing, which is awful.

Comment

Working...
                    X