• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The great recession, how the rich got richer and inequality grew

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Given the average UK wage is £30k I would imagine pretty much everyone on here is going to be classed as 'wealthy'

Do ya think the Corbynites on here realise that?

Talk about Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Tch

Labour party policy gives a salary of 80k p.a. not 30k for personal taxation increases.

General election 2017: Labour rules out tax rises for 95% of earners - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Given the average UK wage is £30k I would imagine pretty much everyone on here is going to be classed as 'wealthy'

Do ya think the Corbynites on here realise that?

Talk about Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Tch

Apart from one poster on CUK, how many Corbynites do you think are here?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Apart from one poster on CUK, how many Corbynites do you think are here?
        I'm registered in a Tory / Labour marginal. I'm not a Corbynite but voting Labour is a lesser of two evils decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I'm registered in a Tory / Labour marginal. I'm not a Corbynite but voting Labour is a lesser of two evils decision.
          I was thinking of fullyautomatix, but I’m not sure if s/he’s trolling half the time :-)

In my case in the last election it was similar to yourself, I voted Labour for the first time despite Corbyn, not because of him.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            I was thinking of fullyautomatix, but I’m not sure if s/he’s trolling half the time :-)

In my case in the last election it was similar to yourself, I voted Labour for the first time despite Corbyn, not because of him.
            FA is trolling.

Comment

Labour party policy gives a salary of 80k p.a. not 30k for personal taxation increases.

General election 2017: Labour rules out tax rises for 95% of earners - BBC News
              It won't just be "salary" income though. Millions of people are expecting an inheritance windfall when their aged parents pop off.

But I think there's little doubt Corbyn & co will tax inheritance, and perhaps any form of capital gains including profits on any property sale, like any other income.

So, given that the top rate of income tax will probably be 80% or more, I doubt if many will see much in the way of inheritance windfalls. More fool them if the turkeys had voted Labour, assuming things would stay roughly as they had been. Agent Cob & comrades are _serious_ about wealth redistribution!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                It won't just be "salary" income though. Millions of people are expecting an inheritance windfall when their aged parents pop off.

But I think there's little doubt Corbyn & co will tax inheritance, and perhaps any form of capital gains including profits on any property sale, like any other income.

So, given that the top rate of income tax will probably be 80% or more, I doubt if many will see much in the way of inheritance windfalls. More fool them if the turkeys had voted Labour, assuming things would stay roughly as they had been. Agent Cob & comrades are _serious_ about wealth redistribution!
                I was rebutting the Project Fear propaganda claims about salary.

Comment

If Corbyn is the leader of the Labour party then you are effectively that. Didn't Labour FUBAR things enough last time for you?

I can't stand any of them but at least hope for the party that will do the least - it's the only safe option with parliament. Look how good it's been for Belgium?

Comment

Anyone who votes Tory or Labour is wrecking the UK. Still I suppose thats what you want.

Comment

Ah, the youth of today, unable to remember this classic quote:

Originally posted by Denis Healey
                      Squeeze property speculators until the pips squeak.

Speech in Lincoln (18 February 1974), quoted in The Times (19 February 1974), p. 4.

Misreported as "tax the rich until the pips squeak".

"The pips squeak" metaphor was originated by Sir Eric Campbell-Geddes and later used by David Lloyd-George.
                      Not forgetting that Denis Healey was on the right wing of the Labour Party rather than a fecking Marxist Leninist Trot like the current incumbent.

Tax rates of 98% at the top end.

People renting suits.

The joy of the 1970s.

P.S. This Means You. <pointy finger thing>
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X