• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the U.K. the best place to be when the sun is shining?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the U.K. the best place to be when the sun is shining?

When it’s like this you can’t help but think why travel abroad.

What other country can offer the same breadth of beauty and facilities.

Currently I’m the garden drinking a Bloody Mary about to have a bbq. The birds are singing, quiet and lovely.

God bless this Emerald Isle.

Scoots don’t bother replying with gloom and doom post save it for the Brexit forum.

Keep telling yourself that. Spain, Prague, will become desirable destinations again without drunken Blighty stag / hen parties.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Keep telling yourself that. Spain, Prague, will become desirable destinations again without drunken Blighty stag / hen parties.
      Prague a beautiful place but what about miles of coast line!

Spain it’s the formby of Merseyside

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        What other country can offer the same breadth of beauty and facilities.
        Currently, I'm in the garden drinking Erdinger about to have bbq. The birds are singing, quiet and lovely.

This morning I drove from Middlesbrough to Manchester. The views on the M62 are quite stunning. Different, but every bit as wonderful as the alps.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's not that the sun is shining it's that the temperate climate makes it just part of an ever changing landscape. That is what makes the UK one of the best places to experience life.

I was up at sunrise today for a run along the beach before the tide took it. No one else but a few dog walkers and a couple of horse riders. A few joggers were pounding the pavement along the prom which is a popular parkrun 5k route, don't really understand that, they scared of sand or something.

Sure, I could have done this in Spain, and have done when on holiday, but a lot easier to drive the two miles to the beach than faff around with airports. Then back home to watch the overnight episode of Game of Thrones.

Life's what you make it. Many will be sleeping through the morning, as they do with life in general. Their loss.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Many will be sleeping through the morning, as they do with life in general. Their loss.
            Quite.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Where do you reckon has the best climate in the world?

Canary Islands have got to be up there. Lanzarote/Fuerteventura are around 20°C in winter, rarely go above 30°C in the middle of summer and there is always a cooling breeze, plus exceptionally low rainfall. And, unlike the Med, virtually no mosquitoes.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                Bearsden, sarf herts.

'nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post

Canary Islands have got to be up there. Lanzarote/Fuerteventura are around 20°C in winter, rarely go above 30°C in the middle of summer and there is always a cooling breeze, plus exceptionally low rainfall. And, unlike the Med, virtually no mosquitoes.
                  I like the countryside of Majorca, it reminds me a lot of the South of France, particularly Valbonne where I lived for a couple of years.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Thanks to AGW soon the mediterranean will be way too hot and the UK will be perfect. Any hotter the UK gets will be counteracted by Arctic meltdown slowing down the NAD. So the UK will carry on being perfect.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X