• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the U.K. the best place to be when the sun is shining?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    HTH
    not really, but welcome back.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Why do farmers wait until the first hot day of the year to spray pig slurry all over the field next to your house?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        Why do farmers wait until the first hot day of the year to spray pig slurry all over the field next to your house?
        'cos you bought a house next to a farm??

just saying

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Thanks to AGW soon the mediterranean will be way too hot and the UK will be perfect. Any hotter the UK gets will be counteracted by Arctic meltdown slowing down the NAD. So the UK will carry on being perfect.

HTH
          THere's a theory that global warming will cause North America will become super hot, but Europe will actually get colder. A lot colder. Welcome to glaciated Britain.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            When it’s like this you can’t help but think why travel abroad.

What other country can offer the same breadth of beauty and facilities.

Currently I’m the garden drinking a Bloody Mary about to have a bbq. The birds are singing, quiet and lovely.

God bless this Emerald Isle.

Scoots don’t bother replying with gloom and doom post save it for the Brexit forum.
            You're right. It really is the best place on earth to be for those 3 or 4 days of continuous great weather that we get once every 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Welcome to glaciated Britain.
              So goodbye Scotland, Wales & Ireland... lets make it happen, crank up the CO2
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                You're right. It really is the best place on earth to be for those 3 or 4 days of continuous great weather that we get once every 5 years.
                Define 'great weather'

I love a cold crisp frosty morning as much as a hot sweaty afternoon.

Also I assume you were not around last summer then if all you want is sun, sun and more sun.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Define 'great weather'
                  I like the Trump version. Whatever the weather is, it great. Same for Brexit - it is always great. Nuclear war - its great.

Tony the Tiger has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Define 'great weather'

I love a cold crisp frosty morning as much as a hot sweaty afternoon.

Also I assume you were not around last summer then if all you want is sun, sun and more sun.
                    Yep it was lovely last summer, seems all this global warming is finally paying off. Those people in London protesting have done a right good job. I'm with them, all for it now.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      Yep it was lovely last summer, seems all this global warming is finally paying off. Those people in London protesting have done a right good job. I'm with them, all for it now.
                      I thought it was a bit too warm overnight. Perhaps I should get air conditioning?

In fact, surely air conditioning is the answer. We can put up units wherever it gets too hot. Sorted!

Comment

Working...
                      X