Is the U.K. the best place to be when the sun is shining? Is the U.K. the best place to be when the sun is shining?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 22

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Default Is the U.K. the best place to be when the sun is shining?

When it’s like this you can’t help but think why travel abroad.

What other country can offer the same breadth of beauty and facilities.

Currently I’m the garden drinking a Bloody Mary about to have a bbq. The birds are singing, quiet and lovely.

God bless this Emerald Isle.

Scoots don’t bother replying with gloom and doom post save it for the Brexit forum.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Keep telling yourself that. Spain, Prague, will become desirable destinations again without drunken Blighty stag / hen parties.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Keep telling yourself that. Spain, Prague, will become desirable destinations again without drunken Blighty stag / hen parties.
    Prague a beautiful place but what about miles of coast line!

Spain it’s the formby of Merseyside

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    What other country can offer the same breadth of beauty and facilities.
    Currently, I'm in the garden drinking Erdinger about to have bbq. The birds are singing, quiet and lovely.

This morning I drove from Middlesbrough to Manchester. The views on the M62 are quite stunning. Different, but every bit as wonderful as the alps.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

It's not that the sun is shining it's that the temperate climate makes it just part of an ever changing landscape. That is what makes the UK one of the best places to experience life.

I was up at sunrise today for a run along the beach before the tide took it. No one else but a few dog walkers and a couple of horse riders. A few joggers were pounding the pavement along the prom which is a popular parkrun 5k route, don't really understand that, they scared of sand or something.

Sure, I could have done this in Spain, and have done when on holiday, but a lot easier to drive the two miles to the beach than faff around with airports. Then back home to watch the overnight episode of Game of Thrones.

Life's what you make it. Many will be sleeping through the morning, as they do with life in general. Their loss.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Many will be sleeping through the morning, as they do with life in general. Their loss.
    Quite.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Fingers like lightning

stonehenge 's job has never been outsourced

Where do you reckon has the best climate in the world?

Canary Islands have got to be up there. Lanzarote/Fuerteventura are around 20°C in winter, rarely go above 30°C in the middle of summer and there is always a cooling breeze, plus exceptionally low rainfall. And, unlike the Med, virtually no mosquitoes.

Godlike

BR14 is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
    Bearsden, sarf herts.

'nuff said

Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Super poster

Zigenare - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post

Canary Islands have got to be up there. Lanzarote/Fuerteventura are around 20°C in winter, rarely go above 30°C in the middle of summer and there is always a cooling breeze, plus exceptionally low rainfall. And, unlike the Med, virtually no mosquitoes.
    I like the countryside of Majorca, it reminds me a lot of the South of France, particularly Valbonne where I lived for a couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Thanks to AGW soon the mediterranean will be way too hot and the UK will be perfect. Any hotter the UK gets will be counteracted by Arctic meltdown slowing down the NAD. So the UK will carry on being perfect.

HTH