• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy St George's Day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Every bloody year some cretin wheels that one out, and it's usually a bigoted Scot.

Glad to see we're maintaining the old traditions.
    Not bigoted at all, I did wish you a Happy St. George's Day and I hope you have a nice day. The link was from the English Heritage website?

Just pointing out "the old traditions" of xenophobic Little England that delivered Brexit would have him drown in the English Channel rather than give him refuge.

Comment

But the dragon would also be a protected species.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        Not bigoted at all, I did wish you a Happy St. George's Day and I hope you have a nice day. The link was from the English Heritage website?

Just pointing out "the old traditions" of xenophobic Little England that delivered Brexit would have him drown in the English Channel rather than give him refuge.

do you understand what a little englander was?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          That makes a nice change from your usual whale omelette topped with mince.
          That's the spirit, you old goat!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            You realise your mistake there, don't you?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Surely he would claim asylum based on religious persecution?
              (Which we accept historically and in the present)
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Is. They still exist in vast numbers

Little Englander - Wikipedia

Later usage:
                The term has been used as a derogatory term for English nationalists or English people who are perceived as xenophobic or overly nationalistic. It has also been applied to opponents of globalism, multilateralism and internationalism, such as those who are against UK membership of the European Union.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                  Surely he would claim asylum based on religious persecution?
                  (Which we accept historically and in the present)
                  Do the border guards give people arriving in boats on the south coast a chance to claim asylum based on religious persecution? Most, if not all, are treated as economic migrants whatever their circumstances. The xenophobic press report them as such.

Comment

Do the border guards give people arriving in boats on the south coast a chance to claim asylum based on religious persecution? Most, if not all, are treated as economic migrants whatever their circumstances. The xenophobic press report them as such.
                    Right and that is normally because they are economic migrants - because if you are arriving on the south coast of England you are coming probably from France/Belgium or the Netherlands - where they could claim asylum from religious persecution.

Has it ever occurred to you that there are some people who simple see the UK as a cash cow and maybe, just fooking maybe there is some truth in what some of the anti immigration brigade say.

Or do you prefer the simple lie to the complex truth?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      there are some people who simple see the UK as a cash cow
                      The Scots, for example.

Comment

Working...
                      X