• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doom!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom!!!

TechM and TCS are all going to be run by Accenture for my client. And all contractors will also have their contracts novated to Accenture.

Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Another layer of management? Sounds like a recipe for success.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I remember the hours Arthur's consultants worked 30 years ago they made junior doctors look lazy!

Cheer up NAT a few extra hours won't kill you.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You will be in deep TUPE mate.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I remember the hours Arthur's consultants worked 30 years ago they made junior doctors look lazy!

Cheer up NAT a few extra hours won't kill you.
          It'll keep the moron of this forum, which is a plus!

There's a rumour that Suity is senior PM...

I did a couple of gigs where Andersen's were involved, they were pretty good. It was 30 years ago.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Andersen's and accenture are quite different beasties. I've had the fun of working at an Accenture managed site before - thankfully working directly for the client. They might have had some merit in their former incarnation, but nowadays it's somewhat other.

I'm not doomed... but I fear the client might be! I mean, switching to a single supplier has never caused any problems down the line.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

What could possibly go wrong.

Accenture sued over website redesign so bad it Hertz: Car hire biz demands $32m+ for 'defective' cyber-revamp • The Register
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I've done the Accenture "thing". 14 hour days were the norm.

Mine you, it paid for "The Squashed Beetle"...

Quick exit...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  I've done the Accenture "thing". 14 hour days were the norm.

Mine you, it paid for "The Squashed Beetle"...

Quick exit...
                  I found working times most agreeable. However I was instructed that I was not to challenge their ill informed and dangerous decisions, so we parted as friends after six months.

Comment

Working...
                  X