• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sri Lanka - have I missed something?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Could it be related to the amount of sympathy the OP showed when there was a thread about the New Zealand massacre last month?
    Sympathy for whom?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Sympathy for whom?

The family and friends of the victims.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Grow up.
        Was I wrong? Your OP started out asking a reasonable question (debatable, but reasonable), but then descended into the usual dig.

Comment

I apologise if I haven't met your hand-wringing threshold.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Clearly not them.

Comment

2/10 for trolling.

Perhaps people don't comment on it is because there is nothing to add as it's not a novel situation like New Zealand and their response.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                2/10 for trolling.

Perhaps people don't comment on it is because there is nothing to add as it's not a novel situation like New Zealand and their response.
                Nothing to do with Trolling but thanks for your input - however erroneous it may be.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Of course people care. The religion of the victims is irrelevant (not all victims would have been Christian) - almost as much as the religion or perceived cause of the perps is also irrelevant. Let's just remember that innocent people were murdered by idiot, cowardly terrorists. The terrorists are no more representative of all Muslims any more than the IRA, the bloke in NZ or the bloke in Norway are representative of all Christians.

People have lost their lives and loved ones. Point scoring over this is sad and a bit pathetic.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Nothing to do with Trolling but thanks for your input - however erroneous it may be.
                    And if I up the mark to 7/10?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      And if I up the mark to 7/10?
                      I'm flattered, but nope.

Comment

Working...
                      X