• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling rough today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjt View Post
    In 11 years of contracting I've never had a day off. Its weird I used to get sick all the time when I was a permie but since it now costs to be off my body seems to fight off pretty much everything fairly quickly. Hope I've not cursed it now
    My body doesn't fight anything off any quicker. It's just losing the money hurts more than whatever is ailing me so in I go.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      My body doesn't fight anything off any quicker. It's just losing the money hurts more than whatever is ailing me so in I go.
      I feel the same when mrs-bp demands sex or its divorce.....

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
        In 11 years of contracting I've never had a day off. Its weird I used to get sick all the time when I was a permie but since it now costs to be off my body seems to fight off pretty much everything fairly quickly. Hope I've not cursed it now
        I think I've had one day off ever. I was in hospital for the day. Still pissed off about it.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Just gone permie. I intend to use up all 10 sick days this year. Inviting PC round to dinner should cause a few.....
          10 Brillo? And the rest mun!
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            I think I've had one day off ever. I was in hospital for the day. Still pissed off about it.
            ClientCo still celebrates the anniversary as Productivity Day.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              ClientCo still celebrates the anniversary as Productivity Day.

aren't you confusing that with the day they fired you?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The funniest sickie I saw was when a permie pulled a sickie for a few days after one weekend but he had written his flight details on a Post-it note and he left it on his desk.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Anyway, an occasional cold is good for the immune system.
                  Only if you have one :P

Oddly thou my immune system is completely borked by the chemo I have had not had a sick day in some years (mainly because if some one is sneezing etc. I ban them from my office!)
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

I'm aching this morning. I don't think removing 10sq Metres of lawn helped - the Mrs is happy, at least we've now got somewhere to bury the neighbors.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                      ... I ban them from my office!)
                      I'd imagined you'd have one of those auto-firing guns from Aliens.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X