• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling rough today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling rough today

Mrs has been ill for about 10 days with virus/suspected Pneumonia. Looks like he buggers given it to me.

Not pulling a sickie though. Got a pretty good record - one sick day in 5 years. And I was in hospital for the day.

Its friday so only one day to suck it up. Out of interest, the rest of you, how ill do you have to be to not show up at client?

I suppose at some point, as I get older, I'm beginning to think if I'm ill to not be so dense and take time off.

BTW - I'm not signing on today before someone mentions it!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

The problem is we all have different tolerances and immune systems, what is one man’s sniffle is another man’s full blown flu.!

1st thought should always be “am I contagious?”, if yes don't go in.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

I this a bid for ESA rather than JSA?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

We need a new saying else because 'WGAS' does not do this one justice.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          The problem is we all have different tolerances and immune systems, what is one man’s sniffle is another man’s full blown flu.!
          Erm nope. They are both debilitating life threatening illnesses.
          That's beyond PC's level of common sense I am afraid.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is "rough" your nickname for Mrs PC? Or your mistress?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Is "rough" your nickname for Mrs PC? Or your mistress?
              Mrs PC's mistress actually
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

That's a terrible attitude!

The more permies you infect, the more days off they will take, so one way or another the more work there will be for contractors to hit the deadlines!

Anyway, an occasional cold is good for the immune system. So by struggling in and sneezing all over the office you're actually doing them a favour.
                Last edited by OwlHoot; 26 April 2019, 13:06.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Let's hope it's nothing trivial.

Comment

Especially if he is sneezing over all those keyboards he is installing.

Comment

Working...
                    X