• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fewer Britons choosing EU countries for holidays, travel firm says

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Triggered, go find your safe place snowflake.
    My safe place is a multi-cultural society away from bigots and racists. Thankfully I was educated to treat all humans, irrespective of their heritage, with the same respect and kindness unlike others who, it would appear, prefer to look at someone's skin colour or dress and treat them according to this.

Where do you fit in this Woohoo?
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      My safe place is a multi-cultural society away from bigots and racists. Thankfully I was educated to treat all humans, irrespective of their heritage, with the same respect and kindness unlike others who, it would appear, prefer to look at someone's skin colour or dress and treat them according to this.

Where do you live? Do you live amongst it, in deepest darkest Bradford or Oldham - or is your experience of "multiculturalism" London (how often do you frequent Tower Hamlets)?

You can be pro multiracial and criticise certain aspects of multiculturalism.

Comment

You have made a statement about your safe place and education. So what do you mean where do I fit in with this?

Comment

You are an expat like our other remainers?

lets guess you moved to Finland or Italy?

People of African descent face 'dire picture' of racism in EU | World news | The Guardian

The latest survey lays bare the extent of the task. One in 10 respondents said that racial discrimination had stopped them from renting an apartment or house, with a wide variation between countries: 37% reported this experience in Italy and 28% in Luxembourg, compared with 3% in the UK.

I do despair at listening to you spouting tulipe.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            You have made a statement about your safe place and education. So what do you mean where do I fit in with this?
            Obviously you can't be as virtuous as Whorty, who obviously can't be as virtuous as myself. So my little hirsute friend, you is bollocksed!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              Where do you live? Do you live amongst it, in deepest darkest Bradford or Oldham - or is your experience of "multiculturalism" London (how often do you frequent Tower Hamlets)?

You can be pro multiracial and criticise certain aspects of multiculturalism.
              I grew up in the Black Country, in an area with a high % (even then) of Pakistani and Indians (remember the Tipton 3?). I went to Uni in Sheffield and lived in multi racial areas (to be fair, most student areas are). In London I lived for years out East, Leyton and Walthamstow central. Then moved to SE London. So yeah, I think I qualify to say I've lived 90% of my life in multi cultural places. Does this pass your test?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                You are an expat like our other remainers?

lets guess you moved to Finland or Italy?

People of African descent face 'dire picture' of racism in EU | World news | The Guardian

I do despair at listening to you spouting tulipe.
                Nope, not an expat. I did live in South Africa for a bit (no, not in the 'European' like Cape but up in the North).

Do carry on though and try to give a narrative to my background that is 100% the opposite to what I have experienced or how I live

Don't despair .... I'm sure you hear a lot of stuff you can't comprehend.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Obviously you can't be as virtuous as Whorty, who obviously can't be as virtuous as myself. So my little hirsute friend, you is bollocksed!
                  I don't think I'm virtuous ... I'm just not a bigoted xenophobe. But then maybe to some this may seem to be virtuous; to normal people, not being a bigot is just, well, normal.

Comment

I grew up in the Black Country, in an area with a high % (even then) of Pakistani and Indians (remember the Tipton 3?). I went to Uni in Sheffield and lived in multi racial areas (to be fair, most student areas are). In London I lived for years out East, Leyton and Walthamstow central. Then moved to SE London. So yeah, I think I qualify to say I've lived 90% of my life in sh*tholes.
                    Jeez no wonder you have such a blinkered insular view of life.

Course, you have conveniently forgotten to mention just where it was that you were a Big Game Hunter with your Bertie Big-Bollocks super-soaker.

Honestly, what a Grade A cosseted Loser.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Jeez no wonder you have such a blinkered insular view of life.

Course, you have conveniently forgotten to mention just where it was that you were a Big Game Hunter with your Bertie Big-Bollocks super-soaker.

Honestly, what a Grade A cosseted Loser.

Go on then Einstein, explain how my experiences make me blinkered. Explain, if you can, how your insular army life gives you broader experiences. Nope, didn't think you could.

I mentioned my time in SA in answer to another idiot. I also didn't mention specifically my couple of years in Birmingham, or when I dossed with mates for a few months in Essex.

Next

Comment

Working...
                      X