• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fewer Britons choosing EU countries for holidays, travel firm says

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    insular army life

Your propensity for making yourself look stupid is unparalleled....even on here.

I also didn't mention specifically my couple of years in Birmingham, or when I dossed with mates for a few months in Essex.
    Brum and Essex...................well that puts a completely different spin on things! Honestly.......keep digging....this is getting better and better.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Your propensity for making yourself look stupid is unparalleled....even on here.

Brum and Essex...................well that puts a completely different spin on things! Honestly.......keep digging....this is getting better and better.

So you have nothing to say then, just vacuous soundbites? For a 60 year old man, who should be mature and have some kind of dignity, you really do come across as immature.

I've proven why I have the life events to back up my support of multiculturalism, having experienced it most of my life. Come on brexiters, your turn .... or are you just going to quote the Wail when all you've ever done is lived in mostly white areas?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I've proven why I have the life events to back up my support of multiculturalism, having experienced it most of my life.
        Yeah, you said. The West Midlands, South Yorkshire, AND Essex. Really lived the dream. How very enlightening. I am surprised you are not employed as a Government Advisor.

all you've ever done is lived in mostly white areas?
        Well in my case, I have lived and worked in Scotland, England, Ireland, Belgium, Holland, Sweden, Italy, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Lebanon, India, China, Cyprus and a raft of other Middle East countries for starters.

I realise that can't hold a candle to your time spent as a fluffer in Chelmsford, but even so. It is a start at least.

But do tell us more.......Sheffield..........of all the luck.....sounds fascinating..
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yeah, you said. The West Midlands, South Yorkshire, AND Essex. Really lived the dream. How very enlightening. I am surprised you are not employed as a Government Advisor.

Well in my case, I have lived and worked in Scotland, England, Ireland, Belgium, Holland, Sweden, Italy, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Lebanon, India, China, Cyprus and a raft of other Middle East countries for starters.

I realise that can't hold a candle to your time spent as a fluffer in Chelmsford, but even so. It is a start at least.

But do tell us more.......Sheffield..........of all the luck.....sounds fascinating..
          Given most of those were via the armed forces, and therefore in a sterile military environment, they don't count fella. You may as well have been in Aldershot. In how many of these countries did you actually live in a mixed society rather than military housing?

Never lived in Chelmsford - try again.

Comment

Given most of those were via the armed forces,
            No they weren't. Only Germany, Cyprus, and Italy. And get this, even then, we were actually allowed to leave Camp you know.

The fact you don't realise that further highlights the giant gap in your knowledge of military reality.

In how many of these countries did you actually live in a mixed society?
            In all of the others. But I digress.......do tell us more about Wolverhampton and Romford. I am sure we are all ears.

Starting to feel a tad jealous if truth be told.

Comment

No they weren't. Only Germany, Cyprus, and Italy. And get this, even then, we were actually allowed to leave Camp you know.

The fact you don't realise that further highlights the giant gap in your knowledge of military reality.

In all of the others. But I digress.......do tell us more about Wolverhampton and Romford. I am sure we are all ears.

Starting to feel a tad jealous if truth be told.

Never lived in Wolverhampton or Romford. Come on fella, keep the guesses coming. You'll get there eventually ..... well, in your case as your time on this blue planet is getting short, maybe you won't

Comment

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Never lived in Wolverhampton or Romford. Come on fella, keep the guesses coming. You'll get there eventually ..... well, in your case as your time on this blue planet is getting short, maybe you won't
                  Can I have a guess...can I...can I....can I....Please!

Benfleet

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                    Can I have a guess...can I...can I....can I....Please!

Benfleet
                    lol ... no, afraid not. Even when I was a poor graduate I didn't need to doss in Benfleet

Comment

Even for me, and I like getting you to post as it can be entertaining, this is getting a tad dull now. But I will just say 2 more things ..... I never said where I lived was amazing or special, I was merely responding to one of your moron friends who suggested I'd only lived in white areas and hadn't experienced multiculturalism in the UK. He was, as always, wrong.

Secondly, given the length of time you was in the army, and the time you claimed to have spent in India, and how long you have lived in Devon, I'd summise that your list of countries you've 'lived' in is really places you've gone to do some work but never been based in for more than a few months and your family didn't move with you. Well, as contractors I'm sure most of us can play that game too, so here's my (Shauny rules) list of places I've lived and worked (for more than 3 weeks) - USA, Australia, Iceland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Swindon (it feels like a different country so I'm counting it ). Can I count Newcastle too? They had strange accents and I couldn't understand a word they were saying.

Bored now. Toodle pip

Comment

Working...
                      X