Please add me to your network Please add me to your network
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Default Please add me to your network

I keep receiving emails from pimps asking if I will add them to my network.

I'm hesitant to do this, as it isn't obvious how this benefits me and may do the opposite by cluttering up my network with people I don't know.

But in summary, what are the benefit to the agent of being added to someone's network, and what are the benefits (if any) to me?

TIA

(and, yes, I know I should know this and it has probably been discussed here before, but I don't and I don't recall it being discussed)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

I don't any more. I did in the past and I don't think to this day they posted a single useful gig so stopped bothering as it just cluttered my feed up. That said, with the number of people using it like facebook nowadays, my feeds generally pretty ****ed up most of the time anyway.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I keep receiving emails from pimps asking if I will add them to my network.

I'm hesitant to do this, as it isn't obvious how this benefits me and may do the opposite by cluttering up my network with people I don't know.

But in summary, what are the benefit to the agent of being added to someone's network, and what are the benefits (if any) to me?

TIA

(and, yes, I know I should know this and it has probably been discussed here before, but I don't and I don't recall it being discussed)
    Not answering your question at all but you can allow someone to linkin with you and hide your contacts. Though, it applies to everyone not just pimps.

Trying to answer your question, I haven't found any real benefits, though i can imagine others have generated contracts from linkedin.

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

I connect with anyone and everyone on LinkedIn, if they become annoying and fill my feed with crap I just use the filter feature to stop them appearing but stay connected.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Fingers like lightning

filthy1980 's job has never been outsourced

i accept about 75% of the random pimps asking to connect, the other 25% are usually graduates for body shops abroad

some have proven fruitful, in term so getting put forward for roles or just making connections that might be useful in the future, barely pay attention the first 5 post in my feed anything so not too fussed if they post crap
    Last edited by filthy1980; 30th April 2019 at 10:23.

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk has reached the peak. Play again?

And if anyone is reading this, stop 'liking' facebook style tulip like jokes and ******* 'It's Friday meme's' regardless of who's posting it. It's not facebook.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Godlike

Peoplesoft bloke has more data than eek

My LinkedIn settings prevent any of my connections seeing anyone except people they already have a connection with.

This may or may not disappoint the pimps who ask to connect.

Current gig came via LinkedIn - but it's the first from hundreds of pimp "friends" and the pimp isn't really a pimp in the traditional sense.

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth is a fount of knowledge

I get quite a few on Linkedin too. Check who they are and generally irrelevant to my crappy little business so ignore. Probably just trying to flog us summit.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

More fingers than teeth

OwlHoot - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

My LinkedIn settings prevent any of my connections seeing anyone except people they already have a connection with.
    Aha! So reading between the lines, an advantage for the agent is that unless one does what you do and disables mutual connection visibility, they get to see your client contacts. I guessed there must be something in it for them.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

This may or may not disappoint the pimps who ask to connect.

Current gig came via LinkedIn - but it's the first from hundreds of pimp "friends" and the pimp isn't really a pimp in the traditional sense.
    Most pimps have premium accounts so they don't need your contact list to be fair
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius