• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ancestry DNA service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You got any West Yorkshire in you?
    Are you offering?

Comment

Groupon appear to have a sale on of Ancestry products which oddly look like the same prices as the main site. Says 'Sale' and 'Discount verified' but the price is the same as Ancestry. Says 31 people have been conned in to buying it. Hate groupon.
      NO, but the ex was Leeds born and bred so the offspring now have a little of the west yorkshire gene pool in them

Comment

I've been wondering what this DNA service is like from Ancestry.com. Anyone tried it? I see they've changed the algorithms as more people take it which has quite drastically altered the results so wondering if it's really worth it. Is it a bit of fun or does it actually come back with a load of useful information?
        Determining heritage via genetic analysis is merely a statistical approximation - there's no magic gene that say's "you're Anglo-Saxon", just a collection of genes that give confidence. The more people that take it the more accurate it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          Determining heritage via genetic analysis is merely a statistical approximation - there's no magic gene that say's "you're Anglo-Saxon", just a collection of genes that give confidence. The more people that take it the more accurate it gets.
          Yep which is why they've changed their algorithms a few times much to the annoyance of some people.

Why Does My Ancestry DNA Ethnicity Estimate Change? - Who are You Made Of?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            NO, but the ex was Leeds born and bred so the offspring now have a little of the west yorkshire gene pool in them
            Woooosh

Comment

After the distress and upset of finding out, via a rather blunt and straight to the point post, that they are not my parents and they are not my kids.
              Did this really happen? I've obviously missed summit

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                You'll get the child support demand through the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Happened in full glorious Technicolor for all to point at and take the piss

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2643279

Comment

No...

If you would like some West Yorkshire in you then bend over...
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      No...

If you would like some West Yorkshire in you then bend over...
                      No need to panic*, he simply has a spare stick of rhubarb...

*Panic if you wish though, I probably would...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X