• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index April 19

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Building Society House Price Index April 19

Key points:

- Annual house price growth remained subdued at 0.9% in April

- Prices rose 0.4% month-on-month, after taking account of seasonal factors

Full report here:

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/-/media...9/Apr_2019.pdf

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    Key points:

- Annual house price growth remained subdued at 0.9% in April

- Prices rose 0.4% month-on-month, after taking account of seasonal factors

Full report here:

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/-/media...9/Apr_2019.pdf
    Pretty much flat-lined then.

We're seeing a lot of price reductions, stuff isn't selling.
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

Isn't that because in reality a lot of stuff is over priced.

Been looking for a starter property with my little brother

nothing fancy but when you start looking at £150k for a two bedroom house in a pretty ropey area which needs new wiring, new central heating and completely re decorating you can see there is a problem.

Comment

Since late last year i have noticed an increase on down valuations for remortgages. Surveyors are being incredibly cautious and are generally valuing property at the same or less than was bought for 2 years ago. The saving grace is that rates are still historically low. Currently, there isn't a huge amount of difference between say a mortgage rate on offer with 25% or 40% equity but there is an increase none the less of about 0.1%.

Comment

Depends on the area, most of the houses in our village (in West Yorkshire) that are going up for sale and selling in record times
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Isn't that because in reality a lot of stuff is over priced.

Been looking for a starter property with my little brother

nothing fancy but when you start looking at £150k for a two bedroom house in a pretty ropey area which needs new wiring, new central heating and completely re decorating you can see there is a problem.
            Tend to agree, but then (IMHO) houses have been overpriced for years.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Depends on the area, most of the houses in our village (in West Yorkshire) that are going up for sale and selling in record times
            Bound to be regional variations - we're looking in the South West. Properties down there that are sensibly priced do tend to sell quickly. However they are rare, the vast majority of stuff coming to market is hanging about until they are reduced a few times (anything from 20k to 50k typically).
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

So interestingly my brother has bought a flat originally on for 125 reduced to 115

He got it for 110.

That's 15 k below the asking price on a property that's been on the market for about 2 months.

Crazy

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Have you lived there long?

Comment

Working...
                X