• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should all prawns be drug tested?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should all prawns be drug tested?

Scientists find cocaine in shrimps in Suffolk rivers - BBC News

Or maybe just the dim ones?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The researchers said it was a "surprising" finding.
    Obviously never watched TOWIE...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I am somewhat puzzled how freshwater life would get these substances into their bodies, very little waste in the UK goes into rivers.

Comment

And its not just the Shrimps

Fish in Britain's rivers loaded with drugs including cocaine and ketamine | Metro News

A few quotes form the above article
        "Fish in innocent rural waters are being exposed to a wide array of illegal substances and it’s not clear what effect the chemicals are having on their bodies, scientists have revealed. Researchers from King’s College London discovered cocaine in all the fish they tested in the UK as well as ketamine, pharmaceuticals and MDMA, the active ingredient in ecstasy. It’s long been known that sinful city fish hoover up drugs, with the mighty Thames said to contain so much cocaine that it’s making the eels act very strangely."

Really I have never guessed

"Before you go out to smoke or snort a fish, it’s worth remembering the level of drugs in each fish are too low to get you high."

Now there's an mental image to ponder over lunch. Just how do you snort a fish?

Can someone remind me again just how much do our water companies extract from our rivers on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          I am somewhat puzzled how freshwater life would get these substances into their bodies, very little waste in the UK goes into rivers.
          Think about all those waterfront balconies, and all those slight breezes...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
          X