Taking a break from contracting! Taking a break from contracting!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 19

Super poster

NorthWestPerm2Contr 's job has never been outsourced

Default Taking a break from contracting!

Started contracting in 2010 and have finally had enough after a recent gig. Got worked like a dog and then they decided to let all the best people go at once (All under a leading consultancy). Also have worked really hard on my own startup which finally has some revenue and growth. Feels good to take a break from the daily grind! Super motivated now to get it to succeed whilst I don't have any money coming in! I've managed to save enough to keep me going for about 9 months, but I'm very optimistic about the business!
    "To Learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise"- Voltaire

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Started contracting in 2010 and have finally had enough after a recent gig. Got worked like a dog and then they decided to let all the best people go at once (All under a leading consultancy). Also have worked really hard on my own startup which finally has some revenue and growth. Feels good to take a break from the daily grind! Super motivated now to get it to succeed whilst I don't have any money coming in! I've managed to save enough to keep me going for about 9 months, but I'm very optimistic about the business!
    Best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

My post count is Majestic

northernladuk is always on top

Bye
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Bye
    I said I'm leaving contracting not CUK!
    "To Learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise"- Voltaire

northernladuk is always on top

I said I'm leaving contracting not CUK!
    Not like you to not be leaving somewhere early
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Fingers like lightning

SandyD is a permanent contractor

Yes unfortunately most contracts in the last few years meant working us like a dog and a half... they are doing projects now with less than the old days staff... I took 2.5 months break already. The idea of going back makes me sick, but got to do what I got to do !

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Good luck with the startup! I keep having mini-breaks between contracts and it keeps me sane.

NickFitz is always on top

Good luck!

Still gathering requirements...

siphr is good enough for Jehovah!

All the best! That is indeed, true freedom. Hopefully it kicks off.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Not like you to not be leaving somewhere early
    hmmmm leaving CUK early.... I'm already about 10 years overdue!