• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much of a spanking will the parties get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Well done Liberals. Intelligence trumps jingoistic hubris.
    I'm assuming that their dramatic rise from the ashes must in part, be down to protest votes from leavers as well as remainers.

Yeah, there's intelligence for you :

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      I'm assuming that their dramatic rise from the ashes must in part, be down to protest votes from leavers as well as remainers.

Yeah, there's intelligence for you :
      The Liberal Democrats, neither liberal nor democratic. We need a "none of the above" option on ballots.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Liberals. Intelligence

Comment

Lib Dems locally saying they avoided talking about the B word on the doorstep as it's a toxic issue, they focussed entirely on local issues.

Lib Dems on R4 this morning hailing a sea-change in British politics entirely down to their "Stop <you know what>" stance, grudgingly admitting that local issues might have had some marginal influence in some areas, and saying that this time the swing to LD is real, absolutely not down to protest votes.

What utter deluded fools!

Comment

Yes, and I seemed to remember the Conservatives singing praises, bringing out the Champagne in Dumfries (they dared not travel further north), when they took seats off the SNP.

What utter deluded fools!
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

How much of a spanking will the parties get?

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Lib Dems locally saying they avoided talking about the B word on the doorstep as it's a toxic issue, they focussed entirely on local issues.

Lib Dems on R4 this morning hailing a sea-change in British politics entirely down to their "Stop " stance, grudgingly admitting that local issues might have had some marginal influence in some areas, and saying that this time the swing to LD is real, absolutely not down to protest votes.

What utter deluded fools! [emoji3]
              Yeah, cause the first thing people do for a protest vote is to vote for the party that explicitly states that they’re going to stop the thing you’re voting for....

In the past two weeks I’ve only seen the Greens on my doorstep (3 times). If it was “local issues”, why weren’t the Tories and Labour on our doorsteps telling us how great they’ve been locally?

Last edited by meridian; 3 May 2019, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

In the past two weeks I’ve only seen the Greens on my doorstep (3 times). If it was “local issues”, why weren’t the Tories and Labour on our doorsteps telling us how great they’ve been locally?
                The only candidate who knocked on our door was the LibDem one. Two days after knocking on the door, they also put a letter through, addressed to The Wife (tm) thanking her for talking.
                The local Tory candidate was relying on meeting anyone who would vote for them in a particular drinking establishment and didn't put any other effort in. Even his campaign leaflet was a laugh - it talked about family values, and gave his marital home address. Except he moved out of there over a year ago and is shacked up about 5 miles away with his latest squeeze.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Yeah, cause the first thing people do for a protest vote is to vote for the party that explicitly states that they’re going to stop the thing you’re voting for....
                  Voters are smart enough to know that the LDs will never make any difference at national level

Comment

Even Baldrick has had enough of Corbyn

Tony Robinson on Twitter: "I’ve left the Labour Party after nearly 45 years of service at Branch, Constituency and NEC levels,partly because of it’s continued duplicity on Brexit, partly because of it’s antisemitism, but also because its leadership is complete tulip."

I’ve left the Labour Party after nearly 45 years of service at Branch, Constituency and NEC levels,partly because of it’s continued duplicity on Brexit, partly because of it’s antisemitism, but also because its leadership is complete tulip.
                    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

The Guardian newspaper is having a field day.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X