Oh Dear: Facebook bans 'dangerous individuals' Oh Dear: Facebook bans 'dangerous individuals' - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 53

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    If you believe that you haven’t been influenced by any form of media that wants you to believe something else, then they’ve done a good job....
    No because when I was growing up 'News' of any sort was difficult to come by - you had the News on the tv - you know when you had the choice of BBC1, BBC2 and ITV or you could get a news paper.

And you would find back then that a newspaper actually contained fact and then you may have editorials which would be someones interpretation of the facts and what it means.

Nowadays no one ever reports the facts you find all you get is an interpretation of the facts - reporting of facts without a slant is hardly ever seen.

So you see we were bought up to actually dig into whatever we were told to ensure it could be validated.

Nowadays however - and this is the main problem with what is happening - your liberal masses will simply lap up the propaganda they read because it reinforces there views because they have been brainwashed as to what to think.

Like I say they are fooked.

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Nowadays however - and this is the main problem with what is happening - your liberal masses will simply lap up the propaganda they read because it reinforces there views because they have been brainwashed as to what to think.
    I wouldn’t have called Daily Mail or Sun readers “liberal masses”, but whatever floats your boat....

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    This kind of thing might be OK where you come from but we like free speech over here.
    Why won't you try your free speech argument in Russia? Go there and live for a few years whilst publicly posting things against Govt there.

After that we can talk.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    No because when I was growing up 'News' of any sort was difficult to come by - you had the News on the tv - you know when you had the choice of BBC1, BBC2 and ITV or you could get a news paper.

And you would find back then that a newspaper actually contained fact and then you may have editorials which would be someones interpretation of the facts and what it means.

Nowadays no one ever reports the facts you find all you get is an interpretation of the facts - reporting of facts without a slant is hardly ever seen.

So you see we were bought up to actually dig into whatever we were told to ensure it could be validated.

Like I say they are fooked.
    The global conspiracy runs very deep indeed. Most sheeple still believe the official Sandy Hook narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Why won't you try your free speech argument in Russia? Go there and live for a few years whilst publicly posting things against Govt there.

After that we can talk.
    I'm talking about free speech over here - which means I can question the motives of our government when they want to invade oil rich Middle eastern countries based on lies that the MSM have shoved down our throats.

Is that not a good thing to be able to do - in any 'free' country? Right or wrong?

You are effectively celebrating the UK becoming more like Russia when it comes to free speech - aren't you over here to get away from that kind of thing?
    Because feelings...

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

I'm talking about free speech over here - which means I can question the motives of our government when they want to invade oil rich Middle eastern countries based on lies that the MSM have shoved down our throats.

Is that not a good thing to be able to do - in any 'free' country? Right or wrong?

You are effectively celebrating the UK becoming more like Russia when it comes to free speech - aren't you over here to get away from that kind of thing?
    You have free speech, you can say anything you like.

What you don’t have is freedom from the consequences of your speech (hate laws, etc) or freedom to demand to have any platform of your choice, whether private or publicly owned, to disseminate your speech.

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

You have free speech, you can say anything you like.

What you don’t have is freedom from the consequences of your speech (hate laws, etc) or freedom to demand to have any platform of your choice, whether private or publicly owned, to disseminate your speech.
    Who's demanding anything? But thanks for cofirming I can carry on being an 'incel' for questioning my government's foreign policy. Until there are consequences for doing that
    Because feelings...

Super poster

meridian - scorchio!

Who's demanding anything? But thanks for cofirming I can carry on being an 'incel' for questioning my government's foreign policy. Until there are consequences for doing that
    There are already consequences for doing that, when your “questioning” becomes fake news, hate speech, radicalisation, etc.

The consequence here is that a privately owned company has decided that it doesn’t want to provide a platform. It’s their decision whether or not to provide that platform, but it’s not removal of free speech.

It’s likely you will disagree on whether the questioning is in fact fake news, hate speech, whatever, but as it’s a private platform that’s irrelevant. You’re still quite free to stand outside the Saudi embassy or the front of Westminster and protest about arms sales there (for example) if you want. Free speech.

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

There are already consequences for doing that, when your “questioning” becomes fake news, hate speech, radicalisation, etc.

The consequence here is that a privately owned company has decided that it doesn’t want to provide a platform. It’s their decision whether or not to provide that platform, but it’s not removal of free speech.

It’s likely you will disagree on whether the questioning is in fact fake news, hate speech, whatever, but as it’s a private platform that’s irrelevant. You’re still quite free to stand outside the Saudi embassy or the front of Westminster and protest about arms sales there (for example) if you want. Free speech.
    The whole point of this post is around who is regarded as a 'dangerous individual'

If it were just a private company doing what they like and not at the behest of their government this wouldn't be a matter of concern. Call fake news all you like but they are using hate speech to shut down dissent. Oh well as long as those Saudi bombs aren't killing your children WGAS right?
    Because feelings...