• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Facebook bans 'dangerous individuals'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    If you believe that you haven’t been influenced by any form of media that wants you to believe something else, then they’ve done a good job....
    No because when I was growing up 'News' of any sort was difficult to come by - you had the News on the tv - you know when you had the choice of BBC1, BBC2 and ITV or you could get a news paper.

And you would find back then that a newspaper actually contained fact and then you may have editorials which would be someones interpretation of the facts and what it means.

Nowadays no one ever reports the facts you find all you get is an interpretation of the facts - reporting of facts without a slant is hardly ever seen.

So you see we were bought up to actually dig into whatever we were told to ensure it could be validated.

Nowadays however - and this is the main problem with what is happening - your liberal masses will simply lap up the propaganda they read because it reinforces there views because they have been brainwashed as to what to think.

Like I say they are fooked.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Nowadays however - and this is the main problem with what is happening - your liberal masses will simply lap up the propaganda they read because it reinforces there views because they have been brainwashed as to what to think.
      I wouldn’t have called Daily Mail or Sun readers “liberal masses”, but whatever floats your boat....

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        This kind of thing might be OK where you come from but we like free speech over here.
        Why won't you try your free speech argument in Russia? Go there and live for a few years whilst publicly posting things against Govt there.

After that we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          No because when I was growing up 'News' of any sort was difficult to come by - you had the News on the tv - you know when you had the choice of BBC1, BBC2 and ITV or you could get a news paper.

And you would find back then that a newspaper actually contained fact and then you may have editorials which would be someones interpretation of the facts and what it means.

Nowadays no one ever reports the facts you find all you get is an interpretation of the facts - reporting of facts without a slant is hardly ever seen.

So you see we were bought up to actually dig into whatever we were told to ensure it could be validated.

Like I say they are fooked.
          The global conspiracy runs very deep indeed. Most sheeple still believe the official Sandy Hook narrative.

Comment

YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Why won't you try your free speech argument in Russia? Go there and live for a few years whilst publicly posting things against Govt there.

After that we can talk.
              I'm talking about free speech over here - which means I can question the motives of our government when they want to invade oil rich Middle eastern countries based on lies that the MSM have shoved down our throats.

Is that not a good thing to be able to do - in any 'free' country? Right or wrong?

You are effectively celebrating the UK becoming more like Russia when it comes to free speech - aren't you over here to get away from that kind of thing?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'm talking about free speech over here - which means I can question the motives of our government when they want to invade oil rich Middle eastern countries based on lies that the MSM have shoved down our throats.

Is that not a good thing to be able to do - in any 'free' country? Right or wrong?

You are effectively celebrating the UK becoming more like Russia when it comes to free speech - aren't you over here to get away from that kind of thing?
                You have free speech, you can say anything you like.

What you don’t have is freedom from the consequences of your speech (hate laws, etc) or freedom to demand to have any platform of your choice, whether private or publicly owned, to disseminate your speech.

Comment

You have free speech, you can say anything you like.

What you don’t have is freedom from the consequences of your speech (hate laws, etc) or freedom to demand to have any platform of your choice, whether private or publicly owned, to disseminate your speech.
                  Who's demanding anything? But thanks for cofirming I can carry on being an 'incel' for questioning my government's foreign policy. Until there are consequences for doing that
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Who's demanding anything? But thanks for cofirming I can carry on being an 'incel' for questioning my government's foreign policy. Until there are consequences for doing that
                    There are already consequences for doing that, when your “questioning” becomes fake news, hate speech, radicalisation, etc.

The consequence here is that a privately owned company has decided that it doesn’t want to provide a platform. It’s their decision whether or not to provide that platform, but it’s not removal of free speech.

It’s likely you will disagree on whether the questioning is in fact fake news, hate speech, whatever, but as it’s a private platform that’s irrelevant. You’re still quite free to stand outside the Saudi embassy or the front of Westminster and protest about arms sales there (for example) if you want. Free speech.

Comment

There are already consequences for doing that, when your “questioning” becomes fake news, hate speech, radicalisation, etc.

The consequence here is that a privately owned company has decided that it doesn’t want to provide a platform. It’s their decision whether or not to provide that platform, but it’s not removal of free speech.

It’s likely you will disagree on whether the questioning is in fact fake news, hate speech, whatever, but as it’s a private platform that’s irrelevant. You’re still quite free to stand outside the Saudi embassy or the front of Westminster and protest about arms sales there (for example) if you want. Free speech.
                      The whole point of this post is around who is regarded as a 'dangerous individual'

If it were just a private company doing what they like and not at the behest of their government this wouldn't be a matter of concern. Call fake news all you like but they are using hate speech to shut down dissent. Oh well as long as those Saudi bombs aren't killing your children WGAS right?

Comment

Working...
                      X