Wanted vouchers for IPSE and QDOS Wanted vouchers for IPSE and QDOS - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11

    Super poster

    Eirikur - scorchio!

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bremain land
    Posts
    3,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ral-codes.html

    QDOS don't do codes for discounts but if you use the link in Scruffs signature (see in thread above) he'll get an Amazon voucher. Might as well be in his pocket rather than QDOS.

    P.S. The forum search as described in the FAQ section would have found all this for you.
    QDOS used to do codes until about a year ago, I had 10 -15% reduction every year. They seemed to have disappeared when I tried my my last renewal back in January

  2. #12

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    39,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    QDOS used to do codes until about a year ago, I had 10 -15% reduction every year. They seemed to have disappeared when I tried my my last renewal back in January
    I did notice earlier whilst looking for my referral codes that there is a discount option in the members area.

    Sign in, go to my account at the top right and then pick Members Area on the right hand side of the bar. I'm showing a 15% voucher for Working Practices Reviews. Must admit I've never seen that before.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #13

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio - scorchio!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,250

    Default

    Incidentally, £50 off your first year for Plus membership - Join IPSE | IPSE
    Blog? What blog...?

  4. #14

    Banned

    JohntheBike 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siphr View Post
    Is there something (out there) better than IPSE?
    well, it depends on a contractor's individual circumstances and whether or not IPSE's policies and direction concur with their needs. Not everyone agrees with their direction, as can be seen by recent resignations and calls for BoD resignations, along with long standing members declining to renew their membership. Given next year's IR35 changes, I can see that many members might find that IPSE doesn't offer any significant benefits and wouldn't want to help finance an organisation which might not be in their best interests. Time will tell if I'm right, but I guess many existing members will not renew their membership after April 2020.

  5. #15

    Still gathering requirements...

    siphr is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    well, it depends on a contractor's individual circumstances and whether or not IPSE's policies and direction concur with their needs. Not everyone agrees with their direction, as can be seen by recent resignations and calls for BoD resignations, along with long standing members declining to renew their membership. Given next year's IR35 changes, I can see that many members might find that IPSE doesn't offer any significant benefits and wouldn't want to help finance an organisation which might not be in their best interests. Time will tell if I'm right, but I guess many existing members will not renew their membership after April 2020.
    That is a fair statement however, my question is if there is somebody else who is even attempting to represent the contracting and freelancing community at the same level as IPSE? Is there an option, for a contractor to go elsewhere if they think IPSE to be incompetent?

  6. #16

    Banned

    JohntheBike 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siphr View Post
    That is a fair statement however, my question is if there is somebody else who is even attempting to represent the contracting and freelancing community at the same level as IPSE? Is there an option, for a contractor to go elsewhere if they think IPSE to be incompetent?
    Well, personally, I think Dave Chaplin's campaign appears to making far more headway in the fight against IR35 than IPSE's is. More than one member has been asking IPSE's ruling body to demonstrate with results, that IPSE is making a difference to the landscape. Yes, IPSE has supported some individuals in their personal IR35 battles, but when you compare the information that Chaplin has provided through FOI requests, with IPSE's information, IPSE's performance seems lacking to me.

  7. #17

    Still gathering requirements...

    siphr is good enough for Jehovah!


    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohntheBike View Post
    Well, personally, I think Dave Chaplin's campaign appears to making far more headway in the fight against IR35 than IPSE's is. More than one member has been asking IPSE's ruling body to demonstrate with results, that IPSE is making a difference to the landscape. Yes, IPSE has supported some individuals in their personal IR35 battles, but when you compare the information that Chaplin has provided through FOI requests, with IPSE's information, IPSE's performance seems lacking to me.
    Interesting, is there an easy to follow reference somewhere that I can go and read, or would a general google query suffice?

    On a side note: The thread title would probably not hint at a valuable exchange , for anybody who was searcing.

  8. #18

    Double Godlike!

    malvolio - scorchio!

    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...
    Posts
    11,250

    Default

    Chaplin is making a lot of noise, but it's not actually getting him very far. The problem is not the level of activity around the changes to the rules, it's the lack of reaction from HMG. You can shout as loud as you like at a brick wall, nothing much is going to happen. IPSE at least have a record of getting things done, or changed, or even stopped altogether.

    The choice from where I sit is IPSE or none - every other campaign group claiming to represent the freelance workforce in some way is a commercial operation. There are many others making the same points - ICAEW, REC, ASPCo, FSB and so on - they are being ignored as well.

    And as an aside, many of those who resigned in a huff (and who sign themselves as ex IPSE member or similar) were against changes to the status quo. It's interesting to note that on IPSE's forum the ex-CC, who one might assume had a close interest in its activities, are almost entirely absent. MEanwhile, work goes on without them...
    Blog? What blog...?

  9. #19

    TPAFKAk2p2

    mudskipper is always on top

    mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Null island
    Posts
    25,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    ...many of those who resigned in a huff...
    I think you rather trivialise what were genuine concerns for many.

    You are the only one who keeps bringing this up - everyone else accepted the outcome of the democratic process. I don't know what good you think it does to keep on and on and on telling everyone how wrong they were, but frankly it's quite tiresome, and means relationships are unlikely to improve.

  10. #20

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    23,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Chaplin is making a lot of noise, but it's not actually getting him very far.
    And IPSE is getting just as far remaining silent on the situation

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    IPSE at least have a record of getting things done, or changed, or even stopped altogether
    Had a record

    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    The choice from where I sit is IPSE or none - every other campaign group claiming to represent the freelance workforce in some way is a commercial operation. There are many others making the same points - ICAEW, REC, ASPCo, FSB and so on - they are being ignored as well.
    And I chose no-one, any lobbying "for the contractor" has long gone quite and the focus is now on maternity pay for mums and rural broadband, neither of which resonate with me as a bum on seat contractor for which the PCG was founded


    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    And as an aside, many of those who resigned in a huff (and who sign themselves as ex IPSE member or similar) were against changes to the status quo. It's interesting to note that on IPSE's forum the ex-CC, who one might assume had a close interest in its activities, are almost entirely absent. MEanwhile, work goes on without them...
    It's not just the ex-cc who have abandoned the IPSE forums, pretty much everyone has! But yes you are right, work goes on as shown by the recent announcement of the Members Forums participants, and the fact IPSE would happily have an individual who disregarded a signed NDA as long as he agrees with the managements views. I wonder if Gavin Williamson would have kept his job if he was as much as a sycophant.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •