• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from Metropolitan Police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I would reply back saying the wife was driving.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Only a matter of time before the law caught up with your sort.
      Yet you are allowed to simply sail on due to your having been assessed as not being in charge of such faculties as you possess. Funny old world.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Hang on a minute mate, they have to prove the case, they say they have credible evidence.

Surely I should attend court and listen to this evidence. And then present my defence. And claim for costs.

It's not for me to solve this crime. However, if it has an impact on my family and myself then surely I should claim for compensation...

If the Police turn up at my door to arrest me for a crime that happened in the great metropolis a matter of hours ago and my vehicle is there, for all to see in Manchester, that's their problem mate, not mine.

If the Police wish to pull me over at any point in time because thay suspect me and my vehicle have been involved in a crime, then what can I do, merely comply and get ready to sue?
        I've defended a couple of minor cases in court myself so have a bit of experience with this stuff. (Bear in mind that my experience is Scottish courts so procedure MAY differ).

1st thing that MAY happen is they offer a fixed penalty type arrangement which you have a time limit to pay. Not paying that will then move them on to a court based where you will be given a date to appear. The first appearance (called an intermediate diet in Scotland) allows you to enter a plea. If you plead not guilty, a trial date will be set and you can at that point demand disclosure of evidence that they intend to present. I would recommend, from experience, that you request evidence prior to this.

If you progress to the point of a full trial, any paper based submissions from you will need at least 3 copies or they won't be accepted on the day.

Read up on the dos and don'ts of questioning their evidence. If you piss a magistrate off with attitude, you're on a loser. There's a lot of stuff available on self repping and I found the courts to be quite helpful when you're doing it.

You are NOT automatically entitled to any kind of compensation for being wrongly accused and appearing in court, so win, lose or draw, you won't be paid lost earnings etc. The best you might get out of them is travel expenses.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

This happened to a chap I worked with in Mitcheldean.

Fortunately his car was in bits being repaired in a garage (well it was an Alfa, what else would you expect?) when the blaggers did a leisure centre.

The plod, amazingly enough, believed him & the garage.

We've still got the ski masks and the shotguns.

You never know when they might come in handy.

You ain't seen me, right?
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Given that the weekend in question, my car was parked outside my house, the registered keeper's address in Manchester, do I respond saying "see you in court", or do I suck Police Cock and tell them that obviously somone has cloned my plates?
            Can you prove that?

Comment

What's the alleged offence?

But yes, you should definitely challenge it in court. I know you'll take my advice, because you know I have your best interests at heart.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Use your Google timeline to show your whereabouts on the day in question.

Advice from a Semite, but I'd never employ you.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  Of course ther isn't a space on the form for everything because they expect whoever receives the form is of a mental age high enough to write a letter in those circumstances. Obviously you havn't the ability. Ask your mum to write to them.

You really have mental issues. You sound like a delinquent kid bragging in the school playground. I am surprised that you didn't say your dad was in the SAS
                  He wasn't, so why would I?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    Use your Google timeline to show your whereabouts on the day in question.

Advice from a Semite, but I'd never employ you.
                    Thank you for the advice.

Why should I have to do the Police's job for them. I am innocent until proven guilty.
                    Last edited by Zigenare; 4 May 2019, 15:03.
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

They contacted me. The onus is on them.

Just do what they say, sailor, ok?

Comment

Working...
                      X