• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from Metropolitan Police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you asking us if you should behave like a knob?

If so, then yes - why change habits of a lifetime?

Comment

He is just being himself...

Comment

don't forget the lube, with that attitude you will need it.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Google "failing to respond to a notice of intended prosecution"

It is an offence in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
            Google "failing to respond to a notice of intended prosecution"

It is an offence in itself.
            Read my post. I am responding. There are 3 options on the notice of intended prosecution...
            1. I was the driver, here are my details.
            2. I was not the driver and here are the driver's details.
            3. The vehicle did not belong to me at the time of the offence.

Which one would you choose from the 3?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              That is correct, and they will indeed have to present evidence to the court if they hope to get a conviction.

The letter you received, however, is about a different but related matter. It is a notification under section 172 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, informing you that you have a duty to tell the police who was driving the car at the time stated in the letter. If you notify them that it was you, then that notification forms part of the evidence in the speeding matter.
              If you don't notify them as required, you will be guilty of a crime, typically punished by 6 points on your licence and a large fine.
              If you do notify them but tell them lies, you risk a few months jail for perverting the course of justice.

Magistrates and police know that many people who say they were not driving are often lying (I'm not accusing you of this) so tend to closely question you about it, and require you to provide evidence such as credit card statements to show your whereabouts etc.

My advice, for what it is worth, is to write to them stating that the car was parked up all day (if you are sure this is the case), perhaps enclose a photo of it, and if it is a clone job then hopefully they'll see that its appearance is different.

PePiPoo: Section 172 - UK Motoring Law

That's a useful response, thank you.

Unfortunately, I don't feel that I want to send a picture of my vehicle, Met Police have been known to lie.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Read my post. I am responding. There are 3 options on the notice of intended prosecution...
                1. I was the driver, here are my details.
                2. I was not the driver and here are the driver's details.
                3. The vehicle did not belong to me at the time of the offence.

Which one would you choose from the 3?
                Well, (3) is technically correct. The vehicle being driven in London that weekend didn't belong to you.

I would send an accompanying letter.
                Last edited by stonehenge; 5 May 2019, 11:16.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                  Well, (3) is technically correct. The vehicle being driven in London that weekend didn't belong to you.

I would send an accompanying letter.
                  I have done, thank you.

Comment

Hang on a minute mate, they have to prove the case, they say they have credible evidence.

Surely I should attend court and listen to this evidence. And then present my defence. And claim for costs.

It's not for me to solve this crime. However, if it has an impact on my family and myself then surely I should claim for compensation...

If the Police turn up at my door to arrest me for a crime that happened in the great metropolis a matter of hours ago and my vehicle is there, for all to see in Manchester, that's their problem mate, not mine.

If the Police wish to pull me over at any point in time because thay suspect me and my vehicle have been involved in a crime, then what can I do, merely comply and get ready to sue?
                    You are right, they have to prove the case, and at the moment they are doing this by have a photo showing your number plate, you will need to discredit this evidence which is not as easy as it sounds seeing as the magistrate will be on the CPS/Police's side. Going in a billy bollocks will be fun for us to watch and painful for you!

I've read the PACEA and Moriarty books. My dear old Dad was a DI, ex RCS, RDS(Northern), ARU, TAG. It's not passed down through blood but certainly through the culture.

Now, in my stints in Norn'irn(45 Cdo), I'll admit to kicking a few doors in, was your mother's one of them or were you the 8 year old kid who pissed on me when I was hunkered down behind a wall seeking refuge against a PIRA sniper in XMG?

Did you know the twat I snuffed through 8" of concrete behind the wall of a block of flats because he felt safe taking potshots from the 12th floor?

My guess is you're as plastic as Auld Greg(Bhoy)
                    Those who know, don't talk. Those that talk, don't know. Just saying
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      You are right, they have to prove the case, and at the moment they are doing this by have a photo showing your number plate, you will need to discredit this evidence which is not as easy as it sounds seeing as the magistrate will be on the CPS/Police's side. Going in a billy bollocks will be fun for us to watch and painful for you!

Those who know, don't talk. Those that talk, don't know. Just saying
                      We'll wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                      X