• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from Metropolitan Police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I knew eventually that once I'd changed my number plate on the Corsa to that of Spods, put on some high heel platform shoes, a fat suit & bald cap, while flicking the bird at every bus lane camera in London he'd eventually get a summons.

He'll never be able to prove it wasn't him
    You can fit into Corsa now?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      You can fit into Corsa now?
      Of course he can.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Of course he can.

I think Alexei might have been responding to you.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I knew eventually that once I'd changed my number plate on the Corsa to that of Spods, put on some high heel platform shoes, a fat suit & bald cap, while flicking the bird at every bus lane camera in London he'd eventually get a summons.

He'll never be able to prove it wasn't him
          Stick with your current plate. TWUNT1.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            I'm laying bets that the culprit has a better tan than myself.
            You reckon the culprit is an Essex wide-boy with a spray on then?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              You reckon the culprit is an Essex wide-boy with a spray on then?
              On the North Circular in Edmonton, nope.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I arrived home from work to a letter from the Metropolitan Police with a "NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION"

Stating that "Under section 1 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988, we intend to take proceedings against the driver of the following motor vehicle for the offence alleged below:

Vehicle Make / Registration number: MERCEDES / MY VEHICLE REGISTRATION Number...

blah blah blah at 18:52 hrs on 26/04/2019 at A406, Edmonton, N18."

With a request for driver information and warning me that "This allegation can be supported by credible evidence in court."

Given that the weekend in question, my car was parked outside my house, the registered keeper's address in Manchester, do I respond saying "see you in court", or do I suck Police Cock and tell them that obviously somone has cloned my plates?

What would you do in a similar situation?

Bearing in mind that it is my intention to enjoy my day in court.
                If I were in a similar situation to your cognitive impairment, I would write a manifesto in green ink denouncing the 'globalist ' Feminazi police and send it to Cressida Dick.

If it were me, I would politely advise them of the facts of the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  If I were in a similar situation to your cognitive impairment, I would write a manifesto in green ink denouncing the 'globalist ' Feminazi police and send it to Cressida Dick.

If it were me, I would politely advise them of the facts of the case.
                  You? Facts? I don't think you're qualified.

Comment

You? Facts? I don't think you're qualified.
                    You don't think very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X