• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the Man Utd Fans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Man Utd Fans

All a bit academic now but what outcome would stick in your craw less. City or Liverpool?

I'm an Arsenal fan but the thought of all the crowing from the media if Liverpool were to win fills me with dread.

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    I'm an Arsenal fan but the thought of all the crowing from the media if Liverpool were to win fills me with dread.
    You really must be looking forward to our glorious 4-0 win over Barcelona tonight then. Could you imagine the crowing after that upset.

Unfortunately, I can't see it happening

Comment

As a united fan - do not care.

Liverpool have been the main rival for years but realistically they have won pretty much nothing - it was only a few seasons ago that scousers would celebrate a win over Utd like a cup final victory.

City again are still way behind in the 'actually being a good team for a period of ten + years stakes' but they play great footy.

So in reality I would maybe prefer city to win over Liverpool so Liverpool can keep the 'never won a premiership title' label for another year but that is some what childish!

More importantly I am interested in seeing what Utd do to make players start playing football....

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        You really must be looking forward to our glorious 4-0 win over Barcelona tonight then. Could you imagine the crowing after that upset.

Unfortunately, I can't see it happening
        Yeah, 2005 all over again. I switched off at half time and went out for a Chinese thinking it was job done :

More worried about Spurs to be honest. That would be unthinkable.

Comment

As a neutral I thought the mantra was "anyone but Liverpool"?

Especially seeing as their fans have a poor reputation backed by that typical scouse argumentative and self-righteous nature, even when they aren't from Liverpool. Many still living off when LFC were winning the top league back in the 70s and 80s, when their team had several homegrown legends not this foreign owner, foreign manager, foreign player bollox of today. They may as well move the football ground abroad. (fair enough, this also applies to the other top teams in the league)

It's like Scotland trying to win anything, they had their moments 'back in the day' (England v Scotland was one of the biggest games in international football when I was a kid) but are now just making up the numbers. For LFC to lose by just one point will be painfully hilarious.

Though as a fan of the big match spectacle (from days when the FA Cup was the pinnacle of the season) I think if two or more teams finish so close (within say 2 points so less than one clear win between them) they should have a playoff similar to what happens in rugby union, though only if it is close and not if one team dominates the season so deserves the title outright.

Still one game left so who knows, maybe this year LFC fans.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Especially seeing as their fans have a poor reputation backed by that typical scouse argumentative and self-righteous nature, even when they aren't from Liverpool
            Come-on over here, big hug for you from a scouser.

Comment

Another question - how far do you live from Manchester? 100 to 200 miles or more than 200 miles?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Another question - how far do you live from Manchester? 100 to 200 miles or more than 200 miles?
                Over 200 miles now.

Used to be around 30 miles when I was growing up. From what I remember at primary school all the boys supported either Man U or Liverpool, not the crappy local teams that were way off top flight football. (though I've always maintained being a neutral who prefers to watch the big games on TV, down the pub )
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Talking of Arsenal. 1 point from 12 against THAT opposition. Don't think this even happened in the dog end of Wenger's reign.

Comment

It's been an extremely difficult watch this season, however, they are both fantastic teams whose football I'm frankly jealous of,
                    however, if anyone were to truly press me - I'd prefer City (fellow Manchester team, most of my mates are Blues).

Comment

Working...
                    X