• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

missiles hit iran

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    And what was the context of Jo Brand’s comment?

Political correctness gone mad, but only if it fits your rhetoric, eh?
    I believe she made a "joke". My comment wasn't about what she said but what the BBC appear to be doing.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Apparently said remark is to be edited out of the programme whereas said remark seems to appear on random news programmes on R4.

It was on the midnight news today.

Surely drowning in a butt of Malmsey would be more appropriate really, toper that said politician is alleged to be.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Keep Brand and give Danny Baker back his job. Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          Keep Brand and give Danny Baker back his job. Sorted.
          Why?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Why?
            Freedom of expression should be a level playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
              Freedom of expression should be a level playing field.
              I agree but, I don't think that we are at that stage just yet.

Sack Brand - let society realise how ludicrous the whole situation is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                I agree but, I don't think that we are at that stage just yet.

Sack Brand - let society realise how ludicrous the whole situation is.
                The more they favour one side and show such bias the more society will push back. We'd probably not be leaving the EU is this bias wasn't so strong. But they'll keep doing it anyway...
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Back on topic - looks like this isn't going to be WW3 or even war with Iran:

US Releases "Smoking Gun" Video Of Iran's Navy Handling Mine On Tanker Hull | Zero Hedge

US Central Command issued a statement just hours after Pompeo officially blamed Tehran, saying in a CENTCOM press release that “a war with Iran is not in our strategic interest, nor in the best interest of the international community.”
                  Crucially, the statement continued: “We have no interest in engaging in a new conflict in the Middle East,”
                  The officials said they didn’t know for sure whether the mines were Iranian. The U.S. concluded that Iran was responsible for the attacks based on intelligence sources and the absence of any better explanation, the officials said. They declined to elaborate on the intelligence sources.
                  Here's the Bloomberg article being quoted by ZH for all you 'fake news' people.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    The more they favour one side and show such bias the more society will push back. We'd probably not be leaving the EU is this bias wasn't so strong. But they'll keep doing it anyway...

The more the snowflake, virtue signaling, hand wringing, politically correctness gone mad Wailers keep spinning about how the BBC doesn't do something or does the same thing so much, the more it is clear that it's not the Beeb who are unbalanced and need to take a look at themselves.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      it is clear that it's not the Beeb who are unbalanced and need to take a look at themselves.
                      True. It is CUK mods who are the worst.

Comment

Working...
                      X