• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

aye, and my arse farts butterfies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    You haven’t explained your leap at all. Show me where I’m “quite content” that one side gets immunity but the other doesn’t, or withdraw your accusation.

Then we can have a proper conversation about the apparent discrepancies in the GFA.
    It is written into the Good Friday agreement that all previous activities by IRA terrorists are immune from prosecution. Each known IRA terrorist was sent a "comfort letter" by the UK government at the time (Labour under Tony Blair) giving the immunity as demanded as part of the Good Friday agreement by the IRA ruling council of the time.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Okay, so you’re going to ignore showing where I have “comfort” with that. Fine, let’s deal with the rest of your post then.

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      It is written into the Good Friday agreement that all previous activities by IRA terrorists are immune from prosecution.
      Just the IRA? Does it? Or all paramilitaries?

Each known IRA terrorist was sent a "comfort letter" by the UK government at the time (Labour under Tony Blair) giving the immunity as demanded as part of the Good Friday agreement by the IRA ruling council of the time.
      Yes they were sent. And you know, of course, that the Secretary of State for NI at the time, Theresa Villiers, sent out new letters afterwards advising that the original ones were legally incorrect and that they could face prosecution if there was enough evidence to bring charges?

As for why the British Army were not also exempted in the GFA, ask yourself why this might be so. Do you think there might be any other international Laws, Treaties, or Conventions (maybe one signed in Geneva) that don’t allow armies of national governments to be protected from crimes?

Comment

Okay, so you’re going to ignore showing where I have “comfort” with that. Fine, let’s deal with the rest of your post then.

Just the IRA? Does it? Or all paramilitaries?

Yes they were sent. And you know, of course, that the Secretary of State for NI at the time, Theresa Villiers, sent out new letters afterwards advising that the original ones were legally incorrect and that they could face prosecution if there was enough evidence to bring charges?

As for why the British Army were not also exempted in the GFA, ask yourself why this might be so. Do you think there might be any other international Laws, Treaties, or Conventions (maybe one signed in Geneva) that don’t allow armies of national governments to be protected from crimes?
        So as you say, you appear to be content that members of the British Armed forces can be prosecuted but IRA terrorist can't. The British Armed forces are currently being prosecuted on OLD evidence, but IRA terrorist cannot be prosecuted using OLD evidence. Are you happy and content with the fairness and justice in that position?

Comment

aye, and my arse farts butterfies

So as you say, you appear to be content that members of the British Armed forces can be prosecuted but IRA terrorist can't. The British Armed forces are currently being prosecuted on OLD evidence, but IRA terrorist cannot be prosecuted using OLD evidence. Are you happy and content with the fairness and justice in that position?
          For someone professing to be extremely qualified in your day job, you’re extraordinarily obtuse in understanding that explaining WHY things are, does not mean COMFORT or CONTENTMENT with the way things are.

Comment

For someone professing to be extremely qualified in your day job, you’re extraordinarily obtuse in understanding that explaining WHY things are, does not mean COMFORT or CONTENTMENT with the way things are.
            So why do you consistently refuse to answer the question?

Comment

So why do you consistently refuse to answer the question?
              Because you accused me of it before asking, and haven’t yet withdrawn the accusation.

Once you withdraw the accusation I will be happy to answer the question, if it really bothers you that much to know.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I more pictured them skipping hand in hand through the streets of Leeds. What caused such a vivid image to go into your head? Oh yes, wishful thinking.

Cue -ve rep from SM, which will make my think my joke will be very accurate.....
                I don't give -ve rep (other than to MF)
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Why are we talking about something which happened 30 years ago?

Only a week or two back a couple of IRA gunmen killed a 30 year old reporter in cold blood and with absolutely no remorse.

They are fooking animals and need to be treated as such.
                  Says a bre**eer who often keep comparing the effort of WW2 with B**it, only that was 75 years ago

Comment

Working...
                  X