• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

aye, and my arse farts butterfies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballymurphy inquest: Gerry Adams denies IRA membership - BBC News

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

mad

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Not being a member doesn't mean never involved, never assisted etc.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ooo. "aye, and my arse farts butterfies"

I'm not sure anyone wants anything crawling out of their arse, unless of course it's Eek crawling out of Simon Macs.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Ooo. "aye, and my arse farts butterfies"

I'm not sure anyone wants anything crawling out of their arse, unless of course it's Eek crawling out of Simon Macs.
        I more pictured them skipping hand in hand through the streets of Leeds. What caused such a vivid image to go into your head? Oh yes, wishful thinking.

Cue -ve rep from SM, which will make my think my joke will be very accurate.....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Not being a member doesn't mean never involved, never assisted etc.
          In other contexts, perhaps, and perhaps even in events of the morning if that day, but not necessarily in the context of British soldiers shooting unarmed UK citizens that afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            In other contexts, perhaps, and perhaps even in events of the morning if that day, but not necessarily in the context of British soldiers shooting unarmed UK citizens that afternoon.
            Mr Adams said he understood and believed that the IRA had returned fire earlier on 9 August 1971, but had disengaged in the mid afternoon, some hours before six people were later fatally shot.

Mr Adams said of the killings: "The British government opted for the military option and reneged on its political responsibilities, and handed it over to the generals.

--------------------------------------------

So the IRA opened fire. The government decided that the military option was inevitable. Citizens get killed. And somehow it is not the fault of the IRA?

More importantly, why is there an inquest going on? Did I miss the announcement of the Good Friday agreement being rescinded?

Only one way out of this. UK to take over Ireland. Then we can invite the other 26 EU members to join the UK. Apart from France - they have got nukes..... ( do I need a after that?)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So the IRA opened fire. The government decided that the military option was inevitable.
              Some hours later

Citizens get killed.
              Fixed the order of your quote for you.

And somehow it is not the fault of the IRA?
              Strangely, yes. The IRA are responsible for the atrocities they are responsible for, the British army are responsible for their own ****ups. That’s how it works.

Comment

Fixed the order of your quote for you.

Strangely, yes. The IRA are responsible for the atrocities they are responsible for, the British army are responsible for their own ****ups. That’s how it works.
                So. You are quite content that IRA terrorists get immunity from prosecution under the Good Friday agreement but British solders do not?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  So. You are quite content that IRA terrorists get immunity from prosecution under the Good Friday agreement but British solders do not?
                  Whether that is a fact or not is something that is out of all of our hands. We didn’t write the GFA. (“We” meaning common folk....)

If the inquest was simply to find out who was responsible then this would be no different to any other inquest held since the GFA. If there was then a move to hold the perpetrators accountable (ie prosecute) then that would appear to be an anomaly.

Comment

The IRA are responsible for the atrocities they are responsible for
                    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                    So. You are quite content that IRA terrorists get immunity from prosecution under the Good Friday agreement
                    This is a fairly big leap, even for you. Want to let me know how you’ve got there?

Comment

Working...
                    X