• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom... How do you give your notice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot- you should just have worked from home at your other clients location !!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      Idiot- you should just have worked from home at your other clients location !!

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      That's what I would have done! (And have done)

Comment

leave the money on the dresser!

love NLyUK
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
          Boom... How do you give your notice?
          In writing, in line with the contract my company has agreed.

On the one occasion I gave notice, I emailed the agent and copied the PM in (WFH so no chance to have a chat). No issue, I gave them the week I had to give and waltzed off into the sunset. I also politely explained that the prospect of a three month (became six) role working from home beat the one month rolling contract that they had put me onto working 250 miles away.
          I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Usually I just wear my Elephant pants to work one day and thats the end of that.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X