• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

LinkedIn status

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LinkedIn status

Hello all,

I work for myself through a limited company (have been for 5+ years) and I currently have 2 clients - one of them has asked me to change my LinkedIn status as working for them as I am making connections through it and they want me to appear as a regular full time employee, but I'm concerned this could open a can of worms with HMRC (or my other client).

Would this be ok or is it not advised?

Many thanks

Originally posted by MmmmDonuts View Post
    Hello all,

I work for myself through a limited company (have been for 5+ years) and I currently have 2 clients - one of them has asked me to change my LinkedIn status as working for them as I am making connections through it and they want me to appear as a regular full time employee, but I'm concerned this could open a can of worms with HMRC (or my other client).

Would this be ok or is it not advised?

Many thanks
    I have no qualms adding a client on my LinkedIn, but I make sure MyCo is the headline and that I am "Interim / Consultant %Job Title%" at ClientCo
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sounds like a typical client on a power trip. They want to own you. Unless you are financially vulnerable, tell them to shove it.

Comment

Quote them a monkey for the work, and ask for a PO.

Comment

Working...
        X