• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alabama - WTF!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alabama - WTF!

Alabama passes bill banning abortion - BBC News

But it's not just Alabama, Georgia have passed new laws as well as Ohio, watching John Oliver this week you can now claim a child as a deduction for tax from the moment it is conceived, in his words "the most republican tax cut possible"

I knew trump would pander to his core base, and it looks like the deep south are taking that to the extreme trying to push as much as possible to the SCOUS to see if they can over turn "Roe v Wade"

And we thought the DUP was ****ed up!
    Last edited by SimonMac; 15 May 2019, 08:49.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Why does the UK have any dealings with the USA at all? Such a backward country.

John Oliver is superb. His recent piece on WWF was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Why does the UK have any dealings with the USA at all? Such a backward country.

John Oliver is superb. His recent piece on WWF was amazing.
      John Oliver doing more for freelancers than IPSE!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Abortion is a frigging minefield

i don't agree with "life begins at conception, therefore no abortions ever" crowd

conversely i have real issues with the "abortion on demand no questions asked" crew

i think it's 22 weeks before a fetus is recognised as a life under law but medical science is questioning these definitions

how do you legislate the rights of the unborn verses the right of women to make choices about their own bodies?

i don't have an answer

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post

i don't agree with "life begins at conception, therefore no abortions ever" crowd

conversely i have real issues with the "abortion on demand no questions asked" crew

i think it's 22 weeks before a fetus is recognised as a life under law but medical science is questioning these definitions

how do you legislate the rights of the unborn verses the right of women to make choices about their own bodies?

i don't have an answer
          Yup.

Also, it should be medics not lawyers who make the judgement,

Or that it should be women making the call, not men.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Yup.

Also, it should be medics not lawyers who make the judgement,

Or that it should be women making the call, not men.
            The problem is that it's now some women who are just as crazy as the men, although they all seems to be way past child bearing ages themselves!

Comment

This is the nub of the argument IMHO: men have no skin in this game; it is for women, and only women, to legislate in this area.

The patriarchy don't seem to be able to separate women from livestock... unless, or course, their looking for something to stick their cock into.

It's dispiriting stuff to watch unfold.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                This is the nub of the argument IMHO: men have no skin in this game; it is for women, and only women, to legislate in this area.

The patriarchy don't seem to be able to separate women from livestock... unless, or course, their looking for something to stick their cock into.

It's dispiriting stuff to watch unfold.
                What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Of course men have skin in the game - does a father not also have a right to determine the fate of a foetus they have helped conceive?

As someone said earlier, it's a minefield. It's not as simple as saying women should have a right to determine what happens to their own bodies - how about not getting pregnant in the first place?

Abortion has it's place - I can see the argument in extreme cases such as rape, incest, severe abnormalities etc. - but where it's used as an alternative to birth control, or done very late in the day, it does make me feel very uneasy.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
                  What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Of course men have skin in the game - does a father not also have a right to determine the fate of a foetus they have helped conceive?

As someone said earlier, it's a minefield. It's not as simple as saying women should have a right to determine what happens to their own bodies - how about not getting pregnant in the first place?

Abortion has it's place - I can see the argument in extreme cases such as rape, incest, severe abnormalities etc. - but where it's used as an alternative to birth control, or done very late in the day, it does make me feel very uneasy.
                  and also who's paying ?

whether that be for the abortion itself or of the raising of the child

Comment

i don't have an answer
                    Up until 13 weeks foetuses seem to be quite random. I would settle for 13 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X