Alabama - WTF! Alabama - WTF! - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 111

Thread: Alabama - WTF!

  1. #11

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiisch View Post
    What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Of course men have skin in the game - does a father not also have a right to determine the fate of a foetus they have helped conceive?

    As someone said earlier, it's a minefield. It's not as simple as saying women should have a right to determine what happens to their own bodies - how about not getting pregnant in the first place?

    Abortion has it's place - I can see the argument in extreme cases such as rape, incest, severe abnormalities etc. - but where it's used as an alternative to birth control, or done very late in the day, it does make me feel very uneasy.
    Men have no rights. Anywhere.

    HTH BISDI

  2. #12

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why does the UK have any dealings with the USA at all? Such a backward country.

    John Oliver is superb. His recent piece on WWF was amazing.
    I think you have to deal with the USA, it's economy is huge and it's not a backward country at all - it's a huge place. I really despise anti-american rhetoric.

    Like most people I think Trump is a racist nutter, but if you lived in America, struggling to find work and someone promised to help you and your community you would overlook his negative points. It's easy being a liberal when you drive a nice car and live in a nice house.

  3. #13

    I Am Legend

    BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    103,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    I think you have to deal with the USA, it's economy is huge and it's not a backward country at all - it's a huge place. I really despise anti-american rhetoric.

    Like most people I think Trump is a racist nutter, but if you lived in America, struggling to find work and someone promised to help you and your community you would overlook his negative points. It's easy being a liberal when you drive a nice car and live in a nice house.
    I object to the death penalty. I object to America having 4 classes - rich, middle, poor and underclass.

    And most of those with a nice car and nice house are right wing.

  4. #14

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Yup.

    Also, it should be medics not lawyers who make the judgement,

    Or that it should be women making the call, not men.
    No it shouldn't be medics making the law. They should advise and the law makers should make the law.

    I don't think you should have laws made by female law makers if it only affects women. What about laws should only be made by women that have had an abortion? Nonsense argument.

  5. #15

    Double Godlike!

    original PM is a fount of knowledge

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,174

    Default

    Abortion is a recognised medical procedure and it should be between the doctor and patient.

    Yes probably need a rule like we have in the UK (up to 24 weeks unless there is a medical issue)

    Other than everyone else should completely fook off

    And it is most certainly not up to a bunch of old white men to tell people what to do.

  6. #16

    TykeLike

    SimonMac is a fount of knowledge

    SimonMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire
    Posts
    23,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Abortion is a recognised medical procedure and it should be between the doctor and patient.

    Yes probably need a rule like we have in the UK (up to 24 weeks unless there is a medical issue)

    Other than everyone else should completely fook off

    And it is most certainly not up to a bunch of old white men to tell people what to do.
    If only it was that simple here, see NI for details!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

    ― Marcus Aurelius

  7. #17

    Fingers like lightning

    filthy1980 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Up until 13 weeks foetuses seem to be quite random. I would settle for 13 weeks.
    i'm of a similar opinion

    only based on the scan's of my own kids

    8 weeks - "wtf am i looking at"

    12 weeks - "oh that looks like a head"

  8. #18

    More time posting than coding

    wattaj 's job has never been outsourced

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fiisch View Post
    What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Of course men have skin in the game - does a father not also have a right to determine the fate of a foetus they have helped conceive?
    Nope. Men have absolutely no right to condemn a woman to nine months of gestating what is, in effect, a parasite, followed by hours of screaming agony and a lifetime of continuing support.

    Men's "rights" start and stop at their right to not squirt their muck without due regard for the consequences.
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.

  9. #19

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I object to the death penalty. I object to America having 4 classes - rich, middle, poor and underclass.

    And most of those with a nice car and nice house are right wing.
    I object to the death penalty and the huge inequalities in America. I object to China and all its issues, same for the middle east. But I still need to drive my car with oil from the middle east and my goods are made in China and so on.

    Many supporters of Trump are from former middle class communities that are now finding it hard to keep their nice car and house. Of course Trump is an attraction, he is specifically targeting those people.

    There is nothing wrong with being right wing or left wing. Most of us are a bit of both. I like the NHS and would pay more taxes if I knew it would be spent on it and making it better. That's socialised health care as left wing as you can get. But i believe in personal responsibility and looking after yourself. I don't believe in a nanny state.

  10. #20

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Abortion is a recognised medical procedure and it should be between the doctor and patient.

    Yes probably need a rule like we have in the UK (up to 24 weeks unless there is a medical issue)

    Other than everyone else should completely fook off

    And it is most certainly not up to a bunch of old white men to tell people what to do.
    Right, so you are ok with old black, Indian or Asian men telling people what to do? Just white people that are bad, just so i understand.

    Let's not pretend that the 24 week rule is anything but arbitrary. My personal view, a women can do what she wants with her unborn baby but lets not pretend that just because its less that 24 weeks old you are not terminating a living being.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •