• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alabama - WTF!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Right, so you are ok with old black, Indian or Asian men telling people what to do? Just white people that are bad, just so i understand.

Let's not pretend that the 24 week rule is anything but arbitrary. My personal view, a women can do what she wants with her unborn baby but lets not pretend that just because its less that 24 weeks old you are not terminating a living being.
    The use of the phrase 'old white men' is really just referring to anyone who feels they have a right to stick their nose into other people's business for no apparent reason - from my perspective it is mainly old white men who do this - but maybe old black, asian and Indian men may be used by other people.

I have 2 kids so I know what a foetus looks like during development.

However I do not think anyone has the right to force a woman to have a child which may then not be given the best upbringing.

In addition there is something misogynistic about this which leaves a sour taste in my mouth - mainly the attitude that once you have got a woman pregnant you have a say over what she does with her body and it is up to you to tell her how she should live her life.

You know the sort of 'get her up the stick and tie her to the kitchen sink' attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I object to the death penalty. I object to America having 4 classes - rich, middle, poor and underclass.

And most of those with a nice car and nice house are right wing.
      That's Ok mate, you don't live in the US so you can object to your little heart's content.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        The use of the phrase 'old white men' is really just referring to anyone who feels they have a right to stick their nose into other people's business for no apparent reason - from my perspective it is mainly old white men who do this - but maybe old black, asian and Indian men may be used by other people.

I have 2 kids so I know what a foetus looks like during development.

However I do not think anyone has the right to force a woman to have a child which may then not be given the best upbringing.

In addition there is something misogynistic about this which leaves a sour taste in my mouth - mainly the attitude that once you have got a woman pregnant you have a say over what she does with her body and it is up to you to tell her how she should live her life.

You know the sort of 'get her up the stick and tie her to the kitchen sink' attitude.
        So you'd be cool with coming home one day to find out that your wife had decided to have an abortion without discussing it with you?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          So you'd be cool with coming home one day to find out that your wife had decided to have an abortion without discussing it with you?
          One would have more deeply rooted issues with one's relationship if this were the case.

But nice straw man... Now ****-off; the grown ups are talking.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            One would have more deeply rooted issues with one's relationship if this were the case.

But nice straw man... Now ****-off; the grown ups are talking.
            Piss off, it's a serious question.

Fatherhood doesn't start as soon as the baby is born!

When some spouts "right-on" crap about a Woman should be able to do what she wants with her body then it's a legitimate question.
            Last edited by Zigenare; 15 May 2019, 11:53.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
              how about not getting pregnant in the first place?
              Women don't "get pregnant", they "get impregnated".

Men's "rights" start and stop at their right to not squirt their muck without due regard for the consequences.
              WWS. I read a great thought provoking article about "irresponsible ejaculation" - rather than 'blaming' the woman for getting pregnant, turn it round and blame the man for ejaculating irresponsibly. Bottom line, 100% of pregnancies are caused by men.

Men Cause 100% of Unwanted Pregnancies – Can We Talk? – Medium

Comment

Piss off, it's a serious question.
                No, it really isn't.

Fatherhood doesn't start as soon as the baby is born!
                You should make your point is you have one. If it is that pumping some bird bestows some god-like right to dictate her future than you are, I'm afraid, part of the problem.

A perfect world would support an element of discussion and mutual agreement between equals; but this is far from that perfect world and inequality does tend to be the rule of the day.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Shouldn't be long now before they start defining the value of Pi as 3.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No it shouldn't be medics making the law.
                    I didn't say making the law, I said making the judgement. It is such minefield that a 1 line law will not be the best answer most of the time. The judgement should be made on a case by case basis, and not with a doctor under threat of being struck off for doing the right thing.

They should advise and the law makers should make the law.

I don't think you should have laws made by female law makers if it only affects women. What about laws should only be made by women that have had an abortion? Nonsense argument.
                    My point is more that a purely male legislature coming out with laws that relate to medical procedures that would never be carried out on them seems to be the wrong way of doing things. Perhaps having a female perspective that is more than a Masonic Lodge's "Raise your glasses to the wives", but actually has input from the gender most affected by it.

You can buy a gun in Alabama, but if you become pregnant after being raped by your father, you must have the child. Any abortion would get the doctor sent to jail for 99 years.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No, it really isn't.

You should make your point is you have one. If it is that pumping some bird bestows some god-like right to dictate her future than you are, I'm afraid, part of the problem.

A perfect world would support an element of discussion and mutual agreement between equals; but this is far from that perfect world and inequality does tend to be the rule of the day.
                      I agree completely with this.

Having a child is not something you should take lightly and is certainly not something that should be forced on someone after a drunken 3 minutes of sweating and grunting.

Comment

Working...
                      X