• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alabama - WTF!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    That's Ok mate, you don't live in the US so you can object to your little heart's content.
    Thank God!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      3 minutes of sweating and grunting.
      show off

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Women don't "get pregnant", they "get impregnated".

WWS. I read a great thought provoking article about "irresponsible ejaculation" - rather than 'blaming' the woman for getting pregnant, turn it round and blame the man for ejaculating irresponsibly. Bottom line, 100% of pregnancies are caused by men.

Men Cause 100% of Unwanted Pregnancies – Can We Talk? – Medium
        I think that is a rather simplistic view for a very complex topic of conversation, the edge case will always throw up the case of the woman who stole her husbands sperm, or a woman who stops taking her contraceptive pill / removes her implant without telling her husband or other situations as obscure.

The creation of most pregnancies are caused by two people, with varying levels of responsibility and culpability on both sides, the general consensus is the decision to end a pregnancy lies solely with the woman. Rightly or wrongly it seems the most sensible approach, won't say it's the best as that is the wrong word, but it is what it is.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          I agree completely with this.

Having a child is not something you should take lightly and is certainly not something that should be forced on someone after a drunken 3 minutes of sweating and grunting.
          I never said it was.

However, if your significant other decides that she wants to abort your child - for whatever reason, is it reasonable in your opinion that the man has no rights?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I think that is a rather simplistic view for a very complex topic of conversation, the edge case will always throw up the case of the woman who stole her husbands sperm, or a woman who stops taking her contraceptive pill / removes her implant without telling her husband or other situations as obscure.
            Of course it is. But the conversation needs to change. Unwanted pregnancies aren't a "women" problem - unwanted pregnancy is caused by irresponsible ejaculation.
            Last edited by mudskipper; 15 May 2019, 12:20.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
              What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Of course men have skin in the game - does a father not also have a right to determine the fate of a foetus they have helped conceive?
              No. HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                No. HTH
                In your opinion is that reasonable?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  No. HTH
                  but has an obligation to pay for the child if born and raised

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                    but has an obligation to pay for the child if born and raised
                    Of course, and in ancient times he would've been expected to support and defend the mother of his child while she was pregnant.

Nobody said this world was fair.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I didn't say making the law, I said making the judgement. It is such minefield that a 1 line law will not be the best answer most of the time. The judgement should be made on a case by case basis, and not with a doctor under threat of being struck off for doing the right thing.

They should advise and the law makers should make the law.

My point is more that a purely male legislature coming out with laws that relate to medical procedures that would never be carried out on them seems to be the wrong way of doing things. Perhaps having a female perspective that is more than a Masonic Lodge's "Raise your glasses to the wives", but actually has input from the gender most affected by it.

You can buy a gun in Alabama, but if you become pregnant after being raped by your father, you must have the child. Any abortion would get the doctor sent to jail for 99 years.
                      I still don't agree with you. I don't like what they are doing in Alabama, I think it's terrible if I'm honest. But that's my perspective. They live in a deeply religious place, they voted in these people, granted I think the senate are nominated. They have 25 male members that voted for this bill based probably on their religious beliefs. I don't believe in this case they should draft in "temporary" senate female members to make up the difference because it's a mostly women's issue.

From their religious perspective they are upholding their values that killing an unborn life is an act of murder.

I don't agree with it. I think religion is a nonsense and this is what happens if you allow law to be made on religious grounds. Do I think there is an element of controlling women, yep but that is part and parcel of religion - not necessarily fixed by drafting in more women to vote on it who will probably be religious.

Comment

Working...
                      X