• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alabama - WTF!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    In your opinion is that reasonable?
    Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Of course it is. But the conversation needs to change. Unwanted pregnancies aren't a "women" problem - unwanted pregnancy is caused by irresponsible ejaculation.
      Yep. Always the man's fault. Whose only input should be to hand over cash when requested. And woe betide any man who objects to his wife sh4gging the tennis coach.

The sooner women get equality in the workplace the better. It will only happen when inequality in the home happens.

Comment

With the way climate change is going, sooner or later humans will realise there are just too many people on the planet.

IVF will be banned. Both parents of any child will be sterilised.

If China get their way ( Can the world quench China’s bottomless thirst for milk? | Environment | The Guardian ) even those measures will not be enough. I think all cowes, sheep and goats will have to be eradicated.

Comment

Of course it is. But the conversation needs to change. Unwanted pregnancies aren't a "women" problem - unwanted pregnancy is caused by irresponsible ejaculation.
          In my day good catholic girls wouldn't let you anywhere near their vagina, there are plenty of other places to have an ejaculation. When I was into one night stands, condom or oral was my code, until some trust is built up.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            In my day good catholic girls wouldn't let you anywhere near their vagina, there are plenty of other places to have an ejaculation. When I was into one night stands, condom or oral was my code, until some trust is built up.
            YouTube

cojak would be proud of the ukulele playing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Yep. Always the man's fault. Whose only input should be to hand over cash when requested. And woe betide any man who objects to his wife sh4gging the tennis coach.

The sooner women get equality in the workplace the better. It will only happen when inequality in the home happens.
              And where does this not happen currently?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Well it's one way of fixing their long-term problems.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...years-cdc-data

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Men have no rights. Anywhere.

HTH BISDI
                  You've been arrested often enough to know that's not true. You have the right to remain silent.

Women don't "get pregnant", they "get impregnated".
                  The former is a neutral term. The latter is somewhat political. It's also not common usage. So I'll stick with "get pregnant".

...unwanted pregnancy is caused by irresponsible ejaculation.
                  In some cases, possibly most, but not all. Even correctly used, contraception can fail. If a woman is on the pill and gets pregnant, that's not irresponsible ejaculation.

From the CDC (which will be a trigger in itself to some!)

Copper T intrauterine device (IUD) - Typical use failure rate: 0.8%
                  Levonorgestrel intrauterine system (LNG IUD) - Typical use failure rate: 0.1-0.4%.
                  Implant - Typical use failure rate: 0.01%
                  Injection or “shot" - Typical use failure rate: 4%.
                  Birth control pills. Typical use failure rate: 7%.
                  Progestin only pil - Typical use failure rate: 7%.
                  The patch - Typical use failure rate: 7%.
                  Hormonal vaginal contraceptive ring - failure rate: 7%.
                  Diaphragm or cervical cap - 17%.
                  Sponge. Typical use failure rate: 14% for women who have never had a baby and 27% for women who have had a baby.
                  Male condom - Typical use failure rate: 13%.
                  Female condom - Typical use failure rate: 21%,
                  Spermicides - Typical use failure rate: 21%.
                  Fertility awareness-based methods - Range of typical use failure rates: 2-23%.
                  Female Sterilization (tubal ligation) Typical use failure rate: 0.5%.
                  Male Sterilization (vasectomy) - Typical use failure rate: 0.15%.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    You've been arrested often enough to know that's not true. You have the right to remain silent.

The former is a neutral term. The latter is somewhat political. It's also not common usage. So I'll stick with "get pregnant".

In some cases, possibly most, but not all. Even correctly used, contraception can fail. If a woman is on the pill and gets pregnant, that's not irresponsible ejaculation.

From the CDC (which will be a trigger in itself to some!)

Copper T intrauterine device (IUD) - Typical use failure rate: 0.8%
                    Levonorgestrel intrauterine system (LNG IUD) - Typical use failure rate: 0.1-0.4%.
                    Implant - Typical use failure rate: 0.01%
                    Injection or “shot" - Typical use failure rate: 4%.
                    Birth control pills. Typical use failure rate: 7%.
                    Progestin only pil - Typical use failure rate: 7%.
                    The patch - Typical use failure rate: 7%.
                    Hormonal vaginal contraceptive ring - failure rate: 7%.
                    Diaphragm or cervical cap - 17%.
                    Sponge. Typical use failure rate: 14% for women who have never had a baby and 27% for women who have had a baby.
                    Male condom - Typical use failure rate: 13%.
                    Female condom - Typical use failure rate: 21%,
                    Spermicides - Typical use failure rate: 21%.
                    Fertility awareness-based methods - Range of typical use failure rates: 2-23%.
                    Female Sterilization (tubal ligation) Typical use failure rate: 0.5%.
                    Male Sterilization (vasectomy) - Typical use failure rate: 0.15%.
                    The point of the article is not to agree with it in its entirety, but to point out that unwanted pregnancies and their consequences are not just down to women. Women who have terminations are judged, but in every single case, there was someone else at least equally responsible.

And I would argue that "she got pregnant" is just as loaded as "he impregnated her" - the former implies the woman is responsible, the latter the man. As most sensible adults know, that responsibility is shared.

Comment

Let's trigger some people - Meme by MRwolfie321 Memedroid

Comment

Working...
                      X